Responsible to provide scientific technical knowledge of the processes used to product Company products. Provides understanding of the mechanisms at work in the processes that are used to produce Company products and serves as a support person to Manufacturing Engineering and the factory. Provides engineering efforts towards continuously, improving safety, quality and delivery performance of a particular process area provides technical assistance to internal customers and troubleshoots in process problems as they arise and makes necessary adjustment to produce quality products in a timely manner.
- Develop Thermoelectric Module Assemblies from prototype to manufacturing
- Analyze and improve all existing and new equipment and processes as needed.
- Troubleshoot in-process problems and make recommendations to increase productivity. Resolve ongoing process and tooling related problems proactively.
- Create documentation to support existing processes and equipment in accordance with Quality Systems.
- Design and implement processes, equipment, and documentation for all new projects.
- Coordinate the design and fabrication of small fixtures and tooling with the fixturing and tooling groups
- Solve manufacturing problems related to equipment, processes, or designs
- Review production processes and recommends changes for improvement; goals should include current technologies which lead to: creating a safer workplace, producing products with higher quality, quicker delivery of products and producing products at a lower
- Assist maintenance in troubleshooting and repair of equipment
- Assist Design Engineering with design and prototyping of new or modified products.
- Provide technical expertise in the area of process engineering.
- Develop processes, equipment, and fixtures to aid in the manufacture of products.
- Develop, revise, and upgrade routers, standard operating procedures (SOP), and bill of materials.
- Train and instruct associates in performance of their assigned duties using operations work instructions.
- Develop and implement process capability plans.
- Work with production managers to prepare plant layouts for maximum utilization of floor space and resources.
- Ability to work with small parts using microscope
- Personal computer skills such as MICROSOFT OFFICE and relational database.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in a Team environment
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups
- Ability to work under direct supervision
- Ability to work with clearly defined project steps
- Possess some limited knowledge of new product development processes and work flow
- Possess a working knowledge of some SBU product lines
- Experience in participating on multi-disciplinary product development teams
- Basic knowledge of a particular technical area
- Bachelors degree in an engineering field.
- 2-5 years of experience
Laird Technologies recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable them to successfully perform a job function. Should you require such an accommodation, please indicate the job function and suggested accommodation. Laird will attempt to make reasonable accommodation.