Lang Mekra North America is a world class designer and manufacturer of rear view vision technology. For more than 60 years, Lang Mekra has been a major tier 1 supplier to the original equipment medium and heavy duty truck manufacturers, and agriculture, construction and off-road equipment manufacturers. Located north east of Columbia, South Carolina, Lang Mekra is the recognized leader in premium rear view mirror & vision systems. Our customers represent the best known original equipment truck manufacturers in the business. That means our employees work with exciting technologies and materials to design and build some of the world's most technologically advanced rear view vision systems. If you are looking for a company where you can make an impact right away, sharpen your skills, and be part of a dynamic culture, Lang Mekra is the place for you. Our company designates Teamwork as essential and where Leadership, Initiative and Innovation are valued. |
We are currently recruiting an experienced Injection Molding Process Engineer. Candidate needs 5-10 years experience in automotive or industrial molding plants in process start up and trouble shooting, tool, qualification, mold flow analysis/applications and good understanding of injection press functions, control and maintenance.
- Serve as a plastic injeciton molding resource for final assembly operations and support for the injection molding operations at our manufacturing South Carolina and Monterrey, Mexico facilites
- Perform a variety of engineering functions ranging form initial design reviews, overseeing tool qualifications and tool control, process start up and trouble shooting
- Participate in review and approval of new product designs, drawings and material selections
- Develop standard operating procedures and processing conditions for existing and new products
- Qualify resins suitable for new products
- Provide process feeback on new tool designs and tool modifications
- Review, propose and implement process changes to impove production efficiency
- Qualify and support potential molding suppliers
- Assist with continous improvements projects
- Support new project introduction activities including: test production runs, tool qualification, first article inspections and process set up for new products
- 5-10 years experience in injection molding design and process start-up and process trouble shooting
- Experience with press tonnage 100-1000 capacity, and hot runner systems
- BS Engineering (Plastics, Mechanical, Chemical or Materials) or an Associate degree with significant work experience
- Hands on engineering knowledge of plastic injection molding, processing engineering resins including part manufacturability and tooling design, six axis robots with End of Arm Tooling, and Lean Manufacturing protocols.
- Experience in performing Designs of Experiments (DOE) and performing capability studies with Cp, Cpk, Pp and Ppk, along with SPC.
- Proficient in Pro-E, AutoCAD, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and mold flow analysis
Candidates must be willing to relocate to Columbia, SC area.
For more information visit our web site at www.lang-mekra.com. For immediate consideration please follow the link below (note: you may need to copy and paste line to your web browser).