Position Title Process Engineer
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group.
We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak ®, and Shellpak ® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor ® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm ® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life.
With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The process engineer is responsible for managing new processes and improving existing processes in the plant. This includes safety, performance management, ISO procedures, quality reviews, project management for new and improved processes, specification and installation of new equipment and materials, training, startup of new equipment and engineering support on capital and non-capital projects.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT MWV
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Support safety program to include safety activities in all aspects of the job. Provide engineering for continuous Safety and Environmental improvements.
- Project manager for engineering requirements on new product introduction into the plant to including scale up, PSM requirements (PSI, PHA, PSSR, PSM, MOC), plant trials, training, new equipment specification and installation, with emphasis on safety, cycle time reduction, and cost effectiveness.
- Determine and implement engineering controls to improve existing processes to include new equipment and materials, training and plant trials with emphasis on safety, reducing cycle time, number of adjustments and cost.
- Make recommendations for capital expenditures in support of the area’s productivity, safety, environmental and cost reduction objectives. Provides economic justification.
- Support production engineers on area projects as needed (capital and non-capital).
- Minimal travel required < 5%
- Grade 15-16 will be considered based on experience
- Chemical engineering fundamentals related to batch and continuous operations, production systems, process troubleshooting and capital project management.
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering preferred.
- Excellent technical and engineer skills
- Communication skills to include leading group meetings
- Multi-tasking, problem solving tools, and innovative
- 2+ years related industrial experience
United States of America
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...