Position Title |
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group. We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak ®, and Shellpak ® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor ® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm ® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life.
With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position supports the manufacture of specialty activated carbon honeycombs. This position works as part of the production team to improve process efficiency and reliability while maintaining the highest standard of safety and product quality. HOW YOU WILL IMPACT MWV
- The primary focus will be the development and implementation of projects to improve the process, safety, efficiency, and profitability of the operation and facility.
- This would include managing capital projects.
- Improve existing systems and processes according to the principles of lean manufacturing.
- Drive the process toward operational excellence and sustained profitability.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for processing and operations.
- Assist with and utilize statistical process control to evaluate and improve processes.
- Support honeycomb production process and production trials as needed.
- Work with operations personnel and other engineers to maximize productivity and quality.
- Actively participate and contribute to developing and maintaining the Quality and Safety culture at Purification Cellutions.
- This includes helping to maintain quality & safety systems and audits WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- 4yrs experience preferably in a production environment B.S. in Ceramic, Chemical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering.
- Incumbent must be able to work in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Strong communication skills.
- Internal Candidates: The job grade will be commensurate by the individual's experience.
United States of America
MeadWestvaco - 18 months ago
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...