Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem’s market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Process Engineer with our manufacturing facility located in Pedricktown, New Jersey.
Essential Job Duties:
- Integrates quality concepts throughout the process with focus on process reliability and customer satisfaction.
- Tracks production and efficiency problems, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Works closely with the Operations Manager and operations personnel to find ways to improve existing plant processes.
- Provides technical expertise to reduce manufacturing costs and to improve product quality and overall plant reliability.
- Participates in the design and implementation of equipment and process improvements, material of construction improvements, and efficiency and cost improvements. Tracks and verifies improvements results and savings.
- Assists in coordinating engineering studies and projects, while also following through to completion on engineering assignments.
- Develops project scope documents and prepares authorization for expenditures (AFEs) for plant projects and manages project implementation, training, and startup activities.
- Reviews Standard Operating Procedures, training materials, P&ID’s, PFD’
- s, and other process safety information. Checks for technical accuracy, completeness, and consistency.
- Coordinates Management of Changes, ensuring technical soundness of changes, and following up to ensure timely completion of all updates to affected process safety information and related training.
- Provides technical support to production and maintenance organizations throughout the plant to evaluate and resolve technical problems.
- Develops, manages, and participates in programs, methods, systems, and practices for maintaining a safe work environment.
- Contacts other technical and engineering groups for assistance beyond expertise and capability.
- Provides training to production, maintenance, and other departments, in the proper operations and care of equipment in areas of expertise. Develops the necessary training as required.
- Keeps current on new technology and equipment and evaluates same for use in plant.
- B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering
- 5 or more years of plant engineering experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of HES policies and a strong commitment for continuous improvement in HES.
- Physical requirements – Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
- Good leadership and command skills
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company — one of the largest...