The Process Engineer is responsible for leading the maintenance of Lean Manufacturing operations focusing on continuous quality, throughput, and safety improvements throughout production. This position functions as the prime interface between the shop floor and all supporting operations, and must be able to work and communicate effectively across all levels of the company.
1) Maintain the production processes and work cell layout to improve the speed of conversion of raw materials to finished goods and the effectiveness of the value stream flow as measured by performance to TAKT and product shipments to support the company milestones.
2) Improvements in the quality of the process will show with a year after year increase in the percentage of units first time thru test (FTT).
1) Continuously improve and maintain assembly work cell layouts, instructions, technician training, routings, tooling, and safety using Lean Manufacturing techniques.
2) Work with the Quality Team to develop and maintain daily assembly quality metrics.
3) Troubleshoot, develop, and implement solutions to daily production issues.
4) Develop and implement solutions to T&V and Field assembly related incidents.
5) Support the integration of new technologies and equipment in to production.
6) Support the maintenance of certification compliance.
7) Research and identify new manufacturing technologies.
8) Support the design change process as needed.
9) Support supplier quality issues as needed.
10) Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1) Bachelors degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial engineering.
2) Application of 8D, Six-Sigma or other standard problem solving methodologies.
3) Experience in Lean Manufacturing principles.
4) Capacity to balance multiple tasks to completion.
5) Demonstrated successes in leading teams and coordinating initiatives to drive process improvements for cycle time reduction or quality.
6) Strong organization and analytical skills; detail-oriented.
7) Experience with solid modeling engineering systems (Pro/Engineer – preferred).