The Shift Process Engineer performs all manufacturing tasks required for the safe production of active pharmaceutical ingredients in compliance with FDA, DEA, OSHA, Federal, State, and Local regulations. The primary objective of this position is to ensure that all manufacturing operations are conducted in a safe manner with a high regard for all applicable cGMP's and DEA requirements. Working flexibility across a broad range of chemical operations and participation on self-managed work teams is required. Training for and participation on Emergency Response Team is required. Availability for overtime and shift work (including rotating shifts and seven-day operation) is also required.
Seek out and identify opportunities for systems and process improvements.
- Provide technical assistance chemical technicians in order in troubleshoot and problem solve both process and equipment related problems.
- Achieve cycle time requirements in order to meet the production schedule.
- Attend Process Hazard Analyses (PHAs') for manufacturing operations.
- Prepare and revise production batch records and standard operating procedures (SOP's)
- Provide training to chemical technicians on production batch records and SOP's
- Work as a team member with the chemical technicians. Perform chemical operations as required.
- Perform the role of DEA coordinator. This requires witnessing all movement of controlled materials. Attend all required cGMP, DEA and ESHA training.
- Perform in process analytical testing and performing bench scale chemistry in the laboratory, when applicable.
BS Degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry.
Required Experience & Technical Requirements
1 - 2 years of related work experience in manufacturing or engineering in a chemical or pharmaceutical environment is preferred.Brief Description/Overview:
Purdue Pharma L.P. and its associated U.S. companies are known for pioneering research on the principal cause of human suffering: chronic pain. Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, it is one of the fastest-growing pharmaceutical companies in the world today. Purdue Pharma has led the battle against inadequate treatment of pain by developing long-acting pain-control medications that are prescribed by healthcare professionals around the world. As the sponsor of Partners Against Pain, the company provides community outreach and educational programs to encourage the therapeutic alliance of patients, their families, caregivers, and healthcare professionals.
Benefits: Purdue offers a wide range of competitive benefits to all full-time employees. Our benefit package includes a variety of benefit programs to provide for the health, welfare and financial security of our employees and their families.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce, M/F/D/V. Corporate standards require pre-employment drug testing and background investigation.
If you are interested in a specific open position, you must apply online by visiting our website at www.purduepharma.com. No hard copy resumes will be considered.
Purdue Pharma L.P. - 2 years ago