Primary responsibility for providing technical support to SM Energy operated assets in the process engineering discipline. The role requires interface with Exploration, Development, and Operations teams during engineering, design, and construction of new midstream pipelines, plants and facilities. The process engineer should have a thorough knowledge of separation, dehydration, amine treating, compression, condensate stabilization, storage, and LACT measurement. The position requires the ability to develop and maintain a process model for each CDP with a view to make process optimization recommendations. A strong background in process safety is also a requirement.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Participate in the development of front end engineering implementation plans for projects
2) Lead screening studies and definitive planning efforts to prepare process flow diagrams and preliminary plot plans, develop heat and material balances, define utility requirements, optimize integration of new equipment into base facilities, including offsite systems, analyze existing equipment for new operating modes, and conduct EHS reviews
3) Lead process design efforts to optimize equipment selection/arrangement, prepare P&ID's and equipment specifications, finalize plot plans / equipment layout, coordinate Engineering Specialist input as necessary, address and resolve all EHS issues, ensure all technical requirements are addressed, resolve all manufacturing, etc. issues and obtain buy-in by stakeholders
4) Manage front end engineering by contractors. Participate in contractor selection / acceptance of contractor personnel, define optimizations and cost reduction opportunities to be pursued by contractor, provide technical oversight / guidance to contractor activities, coordinate resolution of all technical issues, ensure all interfaces with existing infrastructure and other design efforts are properly managed, coordinate reviews by Manufacturing, Technology, Engineering Specialists, etc., and organizing Process Hazards Analysis reviews.
5) Provide follow-up as needed during the Engineering/Procurement/Construction phase of projects through review of key specifications & drawings, etc. for completeness, adherence to job requirements, and confirming adequacy of safety valves and other critical systems based on final piping designs
6) Function as Technical Reviewer and resource for various parts of Process Safety Management (PSM) and Integrity Management systems
7) Provide engineering support to assure compliance with Regulatory requirements
8) Provide technical liaison with Project Engineering and contractor teams/organizations
9) Provide assistance to other engineers on such matters as 'peer' technical review, mentoring and knowledge transfer
10) Identifies hazards, best practices, evaluates state of the art equipment and practices, and incorporates sound engineering practices for the design and construction of all new facilities.
11) Keeps documentation current and accurate.
12) Ensure accurate and timely reporting of all facility issues and concerns.
13) Support Business Development and Reservoir engineering in the preparation of scoping cost estimates for acquisitions and the budget and planning processes.
Requirements, Qualifications, and Selection Criteria:
1) Mechanical, Chemical or Petroleum engineering degree with minimum 5-10 years process engineering experience in oil and gas industry.
2) Driven, detailed, & goal oriented individual with strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks with competing demands on resources.
3) Ability to troubleshoot routine mechanical systems and components
4) Understanding of applicable industry codes
5) Experience in Hazard Identification, Mechanical Integrity, Management of Change and Process Safety Management
6) Ability to communicate effectively and deal with internal groups, external suppliers, and vendors.
7) Strong Environment, Health and Safety focus and commitment
8) Strong understanding of onshore land, unconventional resource plays in regards to facilities design & execution.
9) Technical knowledge and operational experience with oil and gas processing/treating.
10) Experience and training with process simulation software (Hysys, Hysim, ProMax, etc).
11) Strong organizational skills, written and oral communication skills, self-starter, multitasking skill a must to meet multiple deadlines
12) Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables with limited structure / guidance
13) Regular and predictable attendance as well as the ability and willingness to work as required to meet deadlines
14) Must be capable of leading large projects throughout the entire process design effort. Independently prepares calculations, simulations, specifications and other engineering assignments as assigned.
15) Must be able to review own work as well as the work of subordinates. Work requires application of standard procedures and practices. Responsible for executing work assigned on schedule and on budget.
SM Energy - 21 months ago
SM Energy is in the business of exploring North America to find the next big sources of energy, but we’re just as serious about...