TCR Engineered Components, LLC, a leading value-added manufacturer of highly engineered metal component parts located in Brooklyn Center, MN, has an opening for a full-time Process Engineer. This position is responsible for managing cost reduction projects and driving continuous improvement throughout the company. This position utilizes problem solving techniques including Lean manufacturing concepts, data collection, and statistical analysis to achieve documented, financially beneficial process improvements.
Job Responsibilities include:
Job Requirements include:
- Define project scopes, objectives, and action plans
- Establish process improvement teams and drive projects from conception to implementation
- Document and present financial impact of project results
- Utilize Pareto Analysis and technical abilities to implement defective part reduction
- Reduce changeover times using SMED concepts
- Work with Production Supervisors to develop visual standard work instructions
- Assist Operations Manager in developing robust training programs within Production Departments
- Utilize Value Stream Mapping for determining target areas of Kaizen
- Develop and mentor Kaizen workshops
- Observe manufacturing and support processes and perform time studies, efficiency improvements
- Support Quality during root cause (5-why) analysis and provide correction action ideas
- Reduce exposure to process failure modes utilizing Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Develop and conduct 5S Audits, follow-up on corrective actions
- Work with support departments to improve processes and procedures
- Report to customers regarding Continuous Improvement Action Registers
- Conduct training of Lean concepts for machine operators and office personnel
- Other related duties as assigned
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . To learn more about our company, please visit www.tcr-corp.com .
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Industrial, Mechanical, and/or Electrical Engineering.
- At least 3 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Project Management Professional preferred.
- Proficient in MS office.
- Experience implementing Lean Manufacturing principles and Six Sigma methodology for sustained continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work with all levels of people and a strong team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work at a fast pace and able to adjust schedule to meet project requirements.
Monster - 19 months ago