In this role, the candidate will be a key member of the Process R&D team and will make important technical contributions to the development and scale-up of synthetic pharmaceutical compounds.
The qualified candidate in this role will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct process development studies using automated lab equipment
- Perform safety assessments of processes prior to scale-up
- Use Process Analytical Technologies to develop / improve processes
- Support production activities in the kilo-laboratory facility
- Assist in the technology transfer of synthetic processes to CMOs
- Maintain cGMP environment of kilo-laboratory facility, including qualifying equipment and writing standard operating procedures
Job Requirements: Qualified candidates will have a BS or MS in Chemical Engineering with 3-7 years of relevant experience in the chemical/pharmaceutical industry. Familiarity with GMP is essential. The ability to work independently in the laboratory is essential. Strong organization and communication skills are required.
Theravance, Inc. - 2 years ago