Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Process/Chemical
Job Title :
Type of Position:
New College Graduate
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering from a four-year accredited college or university.
- Less than 12 months of relevant professional experience.
- Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States.
o Boise State University
- FE (EIT)
- Familiar with Aspen, Hysis, Arrow, and/or Fathom
- Previous internship with URS Corporation
- Preference given to those attending or graduated from one of the following URS EC focus schools:
o Brigham Young University - Idaho
o Brigham Young University
o Clemson University
o Colorado School of Mines
o Colorado State University
o Drexel University
o Murray State
o North Carolina Agriculture and Technology
o North Carolina State
o New Jersey Institute of Technology
o Penn State University
o Purdue University
o Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
o Rutgers New Brunswick
o Stevens Institute of Technology
o Texas A&M
o University of Alabama
o University of Colorado
o University of Illinois, Chicago
o University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign
o University of Michigan
o University of North Carolina
o University of South Carolina
o University of Tennessee
o University of Texas
o University of Toledo
o Virginia Military Institute
o Virginia Polytechnic Institute
o Wayne State
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- Relocation and per diem support are not available for this position.
URS is seeking a Process Engineer to be based in Oregan, OH for the Summer of 2013.
We believe that success is ultimately determined by what you help your customers achieve. A company should be measured by what it accomplishes, not by what it promises. Creating an environment that encourages talented individuals to collaborate and solve complex problems attracts the best people. The more you can explore the diversity and potential of your people, capabilities and geographies, the more solutions you’re equipped to provide. We believe that every opportunity comes with a collective responsibility to perform. Being profitable should be a result of doing what you do safely, ethically and better than anyone else. And we believe that the potential for growth is limitless. It’s why we come to work. We are URS Energy & Construction.
Project Services – Our Project Services group partners with Energy & Construction operating groups to execute projects by providing top-caliber, professional personnel trained to deliver projects with efficiency and certainty; anticipating and responding to project needs; deploying—with market-driven agility—well-integrated processes, systems and tools designed to enhance project efficiency; maintaining a market-competitive cost structure; and seamlessly integrating functions into cohesive project teams. Our services include engineering, project controls, quality, procurement, construction and others.
URS Corporation is seeking a Process Engineer to be based at our Oregon, OH project site.
Position Description and Typical Responsibilities:
We invite you to take the next step toward
- Performs engineering calculations, prepares specifications, performs analysis, performs testing, issues reports and maintains related data; maintains liaison with design group; ensures quality, quantity, and completeness of the assigned engineering task; plans and schedules engineering efforts associated with assigned project; maintains timely and accurate oral and written technical reports regarding assigned engineering activities; develops understanding of industry codes and standards; complies with company safety awareness program, and field safety policies; conforms with company core values; acts with integrity in all elements of responsibility; supports alignment of customer and company objectives
- Under direct supervision, may complete engineering assignments of limited complexity; applies a beginning level of understanding within the chemical engineering discipline; understands project scope as presented within the chemical engineering discipline; provides support for client's engineering deliverables; introduced to business development concepts and is able to support proposals; limited familiarity with codes and permits; introduced to the work sequence, general content, and methods used to generate specifications for purchase of material, equipment, systems, services, or construction within the engineering discipline; introduced to the process of preparing calculations within the chemical engineering discipline
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE
URS Corporation - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...