Under the general direction of the WAVE Process Improvement Manager, this position will be responsible for identifying, developing, and implementing systems of continuous improvement throughout WAVE that add value to the organization.
KEY PROCESSES (Ownership/Participation):
- Evaluate current manufacturing operations and utilize facility associates in order to identify and implement process improvement and cost reduction projects.
- Develop and implement process controls with the goal of streamlining operations, improving throughput and reducing internal and external waste.
- Utilizes appropriate techniques and metrics to evaluate process capabilities, define necessary improvements, and monitor results.
- Lead teams of plant associates and managers in order to drive value added improvements (cost savings) in the facilities.
- Manage projects through the research, planning and implementation stages.
- Supports and drives the concepts and techniques of Lean Manufacturing.
- Minimum of bachelors degree in a Mechanical Engineering or manufacture discipline
- Minimum 5 to 7 years experience in field manufacturing.
- Roll forming and power press manufacturing experience is a positive.
- Must have strong field experience in Process Management,
- Significant travel including international travel is required.
- LEAN Manufacturing experience
- Green Belt - 6-Sigma is a plus
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Ability to lead, manage and communicate with all levels of operation.
- Exhibit solid technical understanding in the following engineer disciplines: Research and development, process engineering, quality engineering and product engineering.
Armstrong - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard -
Armstrong is a leader in the design and manufacture of floors and ceilings. Our innovative residential and commercial product designs,...