Supervisor: Manager of Process Engineering
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Preparing and maintaining process flow diagrams, such as PFD and UFD, including heat and mass balances
- Knowing the role of process operating conditions of pressures, temperatures, stream analysis, and properties
- Preparing mechanical design conditions for simple and complex process systems
- Sizing calculations for specifying process equipment and preparation of process data sheets, including mechanical design conditions
- Preparing basic piping and instrument diagrams such as P&ID's
- Preparing utility balances and diagrams.
- Preparing hydrostatic test diagrams and systems.
- Prepare process and mechanical design specifications, data sheets, equipment, lines, and instrumentation.
- Executing all process calculations and simulations.
- Reviewing all piping designs which may affect the process integrity.
- Assessing the adequacy of the existing processes and equipment.
- Designing, observing installation and commissioning of new and used production units, (ie, modifications and upgrades) and troubleshooting existing processes.
- Applying the principles of mass, momentum and heat transfer to process and equipment design.
- Using computer modeling and simulations to design and evaluate processes and operating systems.
- Ensuring that all aspects of an operation or process meet specified regulations;
- Preparing reports, flow diagrams and charts.
- Managing the cost and time constraints of ongoing projects.
- Preparing and maintain all safety and environmental aspects of a project.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
If you have what it takes to be a part of the best that this industry has to offer, then we look forward hearing from you. Email your resume with the title of the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering. along with 7-12 years of in-depth experience in chemical processes, engineering design and operations found in the petrochemical industries.
- Experience with purification, pressure vessels, reaction, distillation, and an assortment of unit operations such as pumping, metering, multiphase heat exchange, flares, vacuum systems, catalyst systems and process control
- Experience with Hazard and Operability Studies
- Experience with Environmental compliance and reporting.
- Knowledgeable in the use of Process Simulation (HYSYS, Aspen & Pro-II)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and capable of establishing respect and credibility through actions, communications, understanding and personal presence;
Ventech is an equal opportunity employer.