Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services company with more than $113.5 billion in owned and managed assets, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 23,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked 100 Best Companies to Work For by Fortune in 2012 , we are recognized for the superior service we provide to our members, and the exemplary work environment we provide for our employees. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity . These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking talented Process Engineer for our San Antonio, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Leads and facilitates cross-functional teams, in the application of process engineering principles to design and/or optimize business processes and their overall performance. Manages initiatives of moderate scope and complexity. Independently, under minimal supervision, performs moderately complex to complex work assignments and problem resolution across systems, processes or channels; may also conduct change management efforts at a moderate level of complexity impacting one or more CoSA's cross-functional processes. Performs as a resource and mentor to less experienced team members in the delivery of business improvement and development initiatives.
- Acquires and applies intermediate knowledge of the business and process engineering discipline.
- Leads and facilitates cross-functional, collaborative teams in business improvement and development initiatives using PP&E standards and guidelines to optimize the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the process.
- Utilizes broad knowledge of customers, products, processes to support business problem analysis and determine the best methodology to resolve defect or issue.
- Drives improvement efforts based on analysis. Analyzes processes to identify areas of improvement and provide appropriate analytics to facilitate business effort prioritization. Conducts basic statistical analysis.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature. Resolves issues and navigates obstacles to deliver work product.
- Identifies the information entities share across the business, and the relationships between those entities.
- Maintains Enterprise Library, as applicable.
- Competencies: Business Acumen, Collaboration (Team Building), Communication, Demonstrate Adaptability (Agility), Drive for Results and Innovation.
- Bachelors degree or 6 years of equivalent process improvement/or financial services work experience.
- 4+ years process improvement and/or business experience.
- Intermediate knowledge and demonstrated use of statistics.
- Intermediate knowledge and demonstrated use of LEAN Six Sigma, and industry tools (SIPOC, VOC, Process Mapping, Process Requirements).
- Green Belt / LEAN certification or equivalent.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
- Masters degree in Engineering or similar discipline.
- 6+ years business support and/or analysis experience.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated use of statistics.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated use of LEAN Six Sigma, data analysis, and industry tools (SIPOC, VOC, Process Mapping, Process Requirements).
- Proficient knowledge and demonstrated use of
process engineering methodologies; and Black Belt certification or equivalent.
- Knowledge/experience in life insurance, annuities, and/or health products.
- Project management experience.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction.
- Ability to work in a team.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
USAA - 30+ days ago
****Addison Financial Advisor Mix and Mingle Event****
USAA hiring managers are hosting an exclusive Meet and Mingle for financial...