At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Amazon is seeking Process Improvement Leaders to work within the NAFC Amazon Customer Excellence System (ACES) team.
- Support process improvements, best practice sharing, and standardization across all North American Fulfillment Center processes using Lean principles.
- Act as liaison with Fulfillment Center Software teams, driving the operational execution of software enhancements within the FCs.
- Collaborate with counterparts in other NAFC ACES functional areas (Safety, Quality, Learning, Loss Prevention) as well as the FC Launch SME team to drive standardization and documentation of core process elements to support network growth and scale.
- Manage Shingi kaizen schedule and support site Shingi events; monitor network overall kaizen activity; ensure active and effective continuous improvement engagement in all sites; coordinate kaizen efforts across FCs; follow up to ensure timely financial validation and sustainment of improvements.
- Provide metrics inputs to various reporting decks; communicate key performance indicators to the FCs in support of network objectives.
- Supplement the efforts of those members of the ACES Process Improvement team members whose primary focus will be Standard Work implementation.
- Assist with the design and improvement of Amazon processes to remove waste and variation to improve safety, quality, lead time and cost performance.
- Interface with other functional areas as required (Supply Chain, Operations Integration, Transportation, FC Launch, Procurement, Packaging Core, Green Team, etc.) in support of network initiatives that involve FC Operations.
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree is REQUIRED
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment, preferably in process engineering, technologies,
- Ability to lead, teach and develop associates and managers to deliver key organizational goals
- Cross-functional project management experience
- Process improvement experience via Kaizens and use of LEAN tools
- Experience using and communicating performance metrics
- Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts
- Travel up to 50% to North American Fulfillment Centers required
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Strong analytic skills and fluent in operations technologies and material handling systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Ability to Deep Dive and develop innovative ideas for process challenges
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field as well as a MBA is a plus
- Certifications in Six Sigma and Lean are a plus.
Amazon.com - 21 months ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...