Provides project leadership and technical support in the creation, management, and sustainment of a methodical approach to increasing quality and performance throughout assigned business areas.
During the course of a project :
- Performs qualitative and quantitative analyses to support attaining project team goals and objectives
- Trains/coaches members in the use of process improvement principles, methods, and techniques such as PDSA and Lean continuous improvement processes.
- Drafts the project charter; documenting the project's business case, defines the incentives, reason for change and developing the project proposal;
- Works with managers to define project goals and then working with associates and managers to achieve those goals;
- Develops and implements project metrics and measurement systems;
- Works with project sponsors and champions to formulate and implement improvement project groups and select the group members;
- Assists the project sponsors and champions to sustain project results;
- Provides consultation and advice to project sponsors and champions, and to senior executives during project review panels and executive steering committees;
- Prepares and submits project reports, executive summaries, and presentations to senior executives; and
- Uses the strategic plans, goals, and policies to ensure projects support senior leader intent and goals of the organization.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education : Bachelor's degree required. Graduate level degree in an applicable engineering discipline, healthcare administration, or business related discipline preferred
- Excellent judgment, objectivity, ability to work with others, with strong communication skills, and the ability to develop innovative and feasible solutions to complex issues in which the boundaries are broad and difficult to determine in advance.
- Excellence in organizing the details of multiple and related subjects, issues, and situations to present and recommend solutions in a logical, cohesive format.
- Expert knowledge of effective training principles, techniques, and tools required to design, develop, maintain, and conduct training/course content.
- Analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and articulate key presentations to a broad range of individuals
- Ability to identify and prioritize key customer issues to be addressed by projects and products
- Full working knowledge of various software and spreadsheet applications used in process mapping, process design / redesign, and workflow management
- Superior teamwork skills, both as a leader and a team member
- Effective change management skills
- Strong sense of ownership and high level of accountability.
Experience: 4 + years experience in Continuous Process Improvement with demonstrated success
Certification/Licensure: LEAN certification or ability to earn certification within 6 months of employment
Other: Process improvement (Lean/Six Sigma), & project management experience
Steward Health Care - 2 years ago