PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR.
PACCAR Parts Division
PACCAR Parts operates a network of parts distribution centers offering aftermarket support to Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF dealers and customers around the world. Aftermarket support includes customer call centers operating 24 hours a day throughout the year and technologically advanced systems to enhance inventory control and expedite order processing.
Under the direction of the designated Assistant PDC Manager, manages physical plant, creates and drives DC process improvement projects, supports the entire facility physical plant and all general plant operations to include safety and safety programs, plant maintenance and contractor laison, ISO environmental activities, temporary employee supervision, Canadian cross-dock operation management, facilities upgrades and plant improvement projects, equipment and property asset administration and maintenance.
LOCATION: Rockford, IL
SHIFT: Day (occasional temporary week-by-week rotation to 2 nd shift)
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Manages any facilities upgrade and plant improvement projects. Participates in Six Sigma projects as needed and required.
- Manages all the building/plant and landscaping maintenance and projects.
- Serves as the DC Safety Officer, managing annual safety programs and issues to include LOTO, MSDS, PPE, accident investigation review, and trains new and temp employee safety. Serves as management member of the Safety Committee. Manages contractor safety program.
- Manages Canadian Cross-Dock employees. Serves as building liaison with red-shirt maintenance contractor.
- Directs all the environmental activities for the physical plant and serves as certification compliance officer for ISO 14000.
- Controls maintenance of all rolling stock, battery area maintenance and serves as liaison with the in-house forklift maintenance contractor; RF equipment maintenance, supply and security.
- Backs up day or evening shift floor supervisor absences as needed for supervisory coverage.
- Serves as direct trainer and supervisor for all temporary employees, as needed and when they are present.
Qualifications & Skills
Bachelor degree (B.A. or B.S.) required. Bachelor degree in Business Administration or related area required, M.B.A. desired.
Thorough knowledge of DC operations, practices and procedures aquired by 5 years or more experience in a progressive, complex RF distribution center, with inventory control administrative and supervisory duties.
Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and effectively communicate and present to individuals and groups. Strong interpersonal skills.
Ability to use AS400 and LAN systems experience required. Intermediate abilities in MS Office applications: Excel, PowerPoint, MSWord.
Flexibility to work different and varied work schedules, up to 15% travel each year. Called in to work either shift when physical plant issues require from time-to-time.
Six Sigma lean belt training minimally, Grean Belt preferred.
Bi-lingual skills a plus [desired, not required].
Additional PACCAR Website Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PACCAR Inc. - 23 months ago
Global and diverse opportunities! Smart and creative colleagues! Exciting assignments and growth prospects! What drives your career? Find...