Responsibilities include: The successful candidate will manage, coach, lead, and mentor a maintenance team; engage the roaster crushing and grinding maintenance crew to ensure safe, efficient completion of the maintenance plan; establish and refine maintenance strategies for the roaster circuits, in consultation with the production team; ensure Predictive Maintenance (PM) and other routine maintenance activities are completed and will deliver the desired equipment performance; direct supervision and support of a crew of twenty (20) maintenance technicians at Goldstrike’s Roaster circuit; provide training and coaching for technicians; supervisor work completed; work to develop a safe and productive crew; ensure documentation is completed correctly; perform other duties as assigned.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this job, applicants must meet these basic requirements:
• Proven safety record and ability to support work group in attainment of safety, environmental, equipment protection, and production goals required
• Three (3) to five (5) years experience working in a maintenance function required
• Supervisory or Lead-person experience preferred
• Technical training in maintenance and/or mechanics, diploma(s), certificates(s) or degree preferred
• Ability to understand own role and how it contributes to the overall output and business objectives required
• Ability to pace own work and work unsupervised along with the capability of adjusting priorities when necessary required
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in all media forms, including the ability to deliver clear and concise information to employees and contractors on all levels required
• Demonstrated ability to perform essential function of the position required
In the world of mining, Barrick's name is golden. The company became the world's #1 gold producer (ahead of Newmont Mining and...