Process Molding Technician (PMT I)
Graham Packaging is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture, and sale of technology-based, customized blow-molded plastic containers for the branded food and beverage, household, personal care/specialty, and automotive lubricants product categories. The company has an extensive blue-chip customer base that includes many of the world’s largest branded consumer products companies and it produces more than 20 billion container units annually at 83 plants in North America, Europe, and South America, and sales reaching $3 billion.
We have off shift openings for mechanically inclined Process Molding Technicians in our West Chicago, IL facility.
The Molding Technician position is very “hands-on" and will require making necessary changes and adjustments to the technical blow molding and auxiliary equipment as well as complete mold and color changes. The individuals will be responsible for operating, monitoring, processing and repairing machines to maximize machine efficiency.
Specific Duties Include:
- Operate a group of plastic blow molding machines and auxiliary equipment producing a container in a safe and high quality
maintenance schedules and maintain documentation as directed.
- Perform processing of injection and/or blow molding machines to improve machine efficiency and reduce scrap.
- Perform regular lubrication and checks on all equipment, systems, molds and tooling in accordance with preventative
with teammates and management to diagnose problems and complete necessary repairs.
- Make frequent on time quality checks on products being produced from established quality standards.
- Identify and troubleshoot malfunctioning machines or equipment and effectively communicate machine operation variations
Our facilities are highly automated and the ideal candidate needs to possess:
Plastics experience a plus.
- 5+ years experience in a Process Operator, Set-up, or Maintenance capacity in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Advanced mechanical and technical aptitude and the ability to troubleshoot hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and complex
Graham Packaging offers a competitive compensation program and benefits package including: medical/dental/vision insurance, paid holidays and vacations, life insurance, 401(k) with matching, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, etc.
- Strong leadership traits
- Ability to perform and recognize bottle quality and operating efficiency
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent, technical or vocational training a plus.
Graham Packaging is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, religion, color, age, gender, national origin, marital status, disability or handicap, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law.
NO phone calls please.
Qualified applicants can submit a resume on-line at http://www.grahampackaging.com/#careers_at_Graham.cfm click on “view all employment current opportunities ” and use the search function for the PMT position in the West Chicago, IL location.
Resumes from recruiters will NOT be accepted.
Graham Packaging Company
1275 Nuclear Drive
West Chicago, IL 60185
Drug Free Workplace
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Graham Packaging - 18 months ago
People can't keep their hands off Graham Packaging. Graham designs, manufactures, and sells blow-molded plastic containers for a slew...