Equistar Chemicals, LP, a LyondellBasell Company , is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of “Process Operations Technician” at their chemical manufacturing facility located near Alvin, Texas.
This position is responsible for the monitoring and operation of plant equipment used in the Equistar manufacturing chemical processes. The incumbent evaluates the unit's operating status and performs troubleshooting of processes and equipment in order to maximize unit reliability and quality production. The incumbent also monitors maintenance activities and performs minor maintenance. They may also be assigned to perform laboratory testing and analysis. This position receives direction from a production supervisor and support from the process specialist, maintenance and technical personnel. Technicians will work a rotating 12 hour shift schedule and be required to provide overtime coverage when requested.
Minimum requirements include:
LyondellBasell is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies. The company manufactures products at 58 sites in 18 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels. More information about LyondellBasell can be found at www.lyondellbasell.com . All references to LyondellBasell refer to LyondellBasell and its subsidiaries, including Equistar Chemicals, LP, Lyondell Chemical Company or Houston Refining, LP.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency, AND , 5+ years experience as a unit operator in chemical or refining manufacturing plant, OR , two (2) year Associates degree in Process Technology.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship
- Capable of meeting the physical demands associated with the job including working outside in all types of weather conditions, climbing, standing or walking for long periods of time, lifting heavy objects, working in confined spaces and from elevated platforms.
- Able and willing to work overtime and respond to call-outs when requested
- Able to use PPE and respirators
- Must be willing to work with hazardous and/or flammable chemicals (with proper safety precautions, training, and equipment).
- Must be willing and able to work at heights above 25 feet by climbing stairs and vertical ladders.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited resumes or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
LyondellBasell Industries - 7 months ago
LyondellBasell North America is the continent's leading producer of polypropylene. It is the American division of global petrochemical...