People Data = Resources from the Chief Operator, Process Board operators, other Outside Process operators, Production Engineers, Shipping Department, Maintenance Department, Laboratory Department and the Management Staff.
HES Data = Authority to affect equipment operations (up to and including equipment shutdown) to maintain environmental and safety compliances.
Statistical Data = Reporting of hourly equipment status. Logging all information related to equipment. Writing of Entry permits.
Equipment Operations : Primary operational control assigned unit in the Houston Plant. With the authority to affect the operations and availability of process equipment in one or more units. Trained on procedures and procedure changes and must comply with all HSE requirements and permit requirements on process equipment in one or more units.
- Monitors the DCS where applicable and supports the Board operator and production process by performing task outside in the units.
Secondary/Support Activities : Additionally responsible for or assisting in the completion of the following task.
- Observe instruments, meters and gauges and to verify specified conditions and record readings.
- Responsible for reporting of any operational changes to the Chief Operator.
- Responsible of staying current on all process and equipment changes.
- Operate pumps, compressors, fans, dryers, control valves and other equipment to achieve optimum operating conditions and product quality.
- Make rounds on a periodic basis to verify safe and efficient operating conditions and to identify maintenance needs.
- Perform Audio, Olfactory and Visual inspections of units at the start of their shift to identify problems that require attention.
- Manage logistics of on-spec/off-spec materials to Day tanks, Bullet tanks and spheres.
- Implement training of Process operators where needed.
- Manage logistics of waste generated by units and related processes and responds as needed, to emergencies.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and mitigating abnormal parameters on process and utility equipment.
- Responsible for reviewing log entries, to verify that all appropriate information is documented.
- Assures product quality through periodic sampling and analysis of Day tanks, Bullet tanks and Spheres.
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation of equipment for normal maintenance, shut down and start up, and returning the equipment to service. This consists of clean up, lockout/ tagout, blinding and pressure testing of equipment.
- Issuing and administration of work permits.
- Responsible for responding to emergencies in the process by way of isolating equipment, de-pressuring, purging of equipment, containing releases, etc.
- Responsible for following all Safety, Environmental and operations procedures.
- Notification to plant technical support of any procedures, drawings, log sheets, or DCS screens that is determined to be incorrect.
A global chemical company and France's leading chemicals producer, Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry every day. Deploying a responsible, innovation based approach, we produce state-of-the-art specialty chemicals that provide customers with practical solutions to such challenges as climate change, access to drinking water, the future of energy, fossil fuel preservation and the need for lighter materials. With operations in more than 40 countries, 14,000 employees, 80 production facilities and 10 research centers, Arkema generates annual revenue of 8.3 billion and holds leadership positions in all its markets with a portfolio of internationally recognized brands. In North America, Arkema, Inc., a subsidiary of Arkema is headquartered in King of Prussia, PA. Arkema Inc. employs 2,400 people and operates 32 facilities in the US, Canada, Mexico and Brazil.
- Required to stay current on one or more unit operations and re-certification of units through a formal training plan.
- Perform Safety and Environmental inspections.
- Responsible for housekeeping in units.
- Coordinate daily maintenance of equipment with Process Board operator and Chief Operator.
- Assist MSM element champions on special elements as requested by supervision and Chief operators.
- Writing of Maintenance work orders in GPMate.
- Participate in shift safety chats.
- Responsible for completing all daily paper work and log books on units/equipment.
- Provide relief in Outside Process Operator position to allow for training inside and outside of the plant, vacation, plant initiatives, short-term illness and long-term illness.
- Provide Operational support to Chief operator, Process Board operators, Outside Process operators and Production, Technical and Maintenance engineers.
Required (before hiring):
- Qualified on one or more units.
- Experienced with all aspects of startups, shutdowns, turnarounds and emergencies of one or more units. Including the writing of safety permits on units.
- Good organizational skills.
- Verbal and written communications skills required for effective interfacing.
- Fire Brigade qualified.
Desirable (before hiring):
- Passing of a pre-employment physical.
- High School Diploma.
- Previous experience of training in the Petrochemical Industry performing similar work.
- Good communication skills.
- Passing of pre-employment test administered by the Texas Employment Commission.
- Minimum of 2 years of accredited training in process Technology of similar field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as an operator in a similar operation.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Honeywell DCS Controls.
If you have a condition that may prevent you from applying online for a job at Arkema, please call (1-610-205-7000). Note: This number is only for those who have a condition that may prevent them from applying online. This number should not be used for calls related to any other issue or question. Thank you for your cooperation.
Arkema Americas - 14 months ago