Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC, one of the world's top producers of olefins and polyolefins and a leading supplier of aromatics, alpha olefins, styrenics, specialty chemicals, piping, and polymer resins. Chevron Phillips Chemical employs over 4,700 professionals at manufacturing sites and research/technology centers around the world. Chevron Phillips Chemical has the people, assets, and technology to pursue chemical opportunities on a global scale.
We are currently seeking qualified individuals to join our team as a Process Operator in one of our polyethylene units for our Pasadena Plastics Complex located in Pasadena, Texas. This facility is an employee-oriented, safety conscious environment where respect, responsibility and recognition are a part of everyone’s responsibilities. If you are a dependable, motivated individual and meet the requirements below, you may qualify.
The successful candidate should be able to promote a safe environment through the Tenets of Operation, ensuring environmental compliance, operating reliably, and producing the highest quality product. The process operator will work with maintenance and all other departments to ensure safety, environmental, production and cost goals are met.
Employees in this position will receive work direction from a Shift Supervisor and work with other operators in performing routine plant operating duties, including, but not limited to the following:
- Safely operate pumps, compressors, fired heaters, reactors, distillation columns and other plant equipment within safe operating ranges
- Make changes to the operating process necessary to maintain product quality
- Adjust control instruments, valves or switches in order to regulate pressure, temperature or flow rate of product. Take routine readings on process variables.
- Operate control room instrumentation systems
- Draw samples of products from the process for laboratory testing
- Perform lab testing on some process streams
- Promptly respond to process alarms / constraints
- Mix and add chemical to process as needed
- Start-up / shut-down process equipment
- Prepare equipment for maintenance
Position requires ability to climb, bend, lift and perform a wide range of physical activities; ability to work at various heights; entry into confined spaces; work in various adverse weather conditions; ability to listen and follow instructions.
Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts, including holidays and weekends, and overtime. Operating needs of the unit will dictate work schedule. Must be able to complete the requirements of the formal operator's training program. Must follow all plant safety guidelines and policies, which includes the wearing of fire retardant clothing and personal protective equipment (PPE). Must be able to report to work in response to call-out or stand by within 90 minutes of receiving the request. Must be able to provide standby coverage which will be assigned during off days. Must be able to read, write, and speak English. Must possess basic computer skills. Will be subject to a 150-day probationary period.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work is the US without sponsorship and be at be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have completed the 2 year Associates Degree in Process Technology prior to start date or have at least 2 years process experience in the Chemical, Petrochemical, Utility or Refinery industry.
- Applicants with a 4 year technology related degree will also be considered.
- Candidates should be able to pass a written pre-employment test and the Console Operator Basic Requirement Assessment (COBRA) prior to being considered for the job.
- Successful candidates will be required to take a physical examination, which includes a drug & alcohol screen, fitness for duty exam and a criminal background check.
Chevron Phillips Chemical offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and at most locations, alternate work schedules. To learn more about Chevron Phillips Chemical and to be considered for a position, please visit us online today at www.cpchem.com .
Paper resumes will not be accepted. All job seekers must go to the web site to be considered for positions. If you are interested in applying for this position and need an accommodation to apply, please contact our Human Resources Service Center at 1-800-446-1422, option 4.
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP is an equal opportunity employer.
Travel Requirements: None
Eligibility for Relocation: No
Closing Date: 08/18/2013
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company