Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC, one of the world's top producers of olefins and polyolefins and a leading supplier of aromatics, alpha olefins, styrenics, specialty chemicals, piping, and polymer resins. Chevron Phillips Chemical employs over 4,700 professionals at manufacturing sites and research/technology centers around the world. Chevron Phillips Chemical has the people, assets, and technology to pursue chemical opportunities on a global scale.
We are currently seeking qualified individuals to join our team as an Operator for the Port Arthur, Texas location. This is an entry-level position. Employees in this position receive directions from the shift supervisor or head operator, and work with other operators in performing routine plant operating duties, including but not limited to the following tasks:
- Safely operate pumps, compressors, fired heaters, boilers, reactors, distillation columns and other plant equipment within safe operating ranges.
- Make changes to the operating process as necessary to maintain product quality. Adjust control instruments, valves or switches in order to regulate pressure, temperature or flow rate of product; direct flow of product to other units or to maintain specified levels in tanks and towers; operate control room instrumentation systems and coordinate activities with outside operators.
- Monitor the performance of plant equipment and process conditions; read flow meters, and temperature and pressure gauges; take routine readings on process variables.
- Promptly respond to process alarms / constraints.
- Perform general maintenance, repair, and cleanup of plant equipment for safe and efficient operation.
- Draw samples of products from the process for laboratory testing. Perform lab testing on some products.
- Be able to understand and follow plant policies and procedures.
- Be able to troubleshoot problems to determine resolution within safe operating limits.
Position requires ability to climb, bend, lift and perform a wide range of physical activities; ability to work at various heights, entry into confined space, work in various weather conditions and ability to listen and follow instructions.
Requires 12 hour rotating shifts, including weekends and holidays, and overtime. Operating needs of the unit will dictate work schedule. Must be able to complete the requirements of the formal operator training program. Must follow all plant safety guidelines and policies, which includes the wearing of fire retardant clothing and other personal protective equipment (PPE).
This position is safety sensitive and subject to random Drug and Alcohol testing. Applicants will be required to take pre-employment tests.
Applicants will be required to meet the following requirements to be considered:
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- 2-year Associate degree in Process Operations or a related technical field or 5-years of process operations experience in a chemical or refining plant, or related industry
- Successfully pass all phases of pre-employment testing
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Employees must pass pre-employment skills/aptitude testing.
- Employee must successfully complete the Console Operator Basic Requirements Assessment (COBRA).
Chevron Phillips Chemical offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and at most locations, alternate work schedules. To learn more about Chevron Phillips Chemical and to be considered for a position, please visit us online today at www.cpchem.com .
Paper resumes will not be accepted. All job seekers must go to the web site to be considered for positions. If you are interested in applying for this position and need an accommodation to apply, please contact our Human Resources Service Center at 1-800-446-1422, option 4.
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP is an equal opportunity employer.
Travel Requirements: None
Eligibility for Relocation: No
Closing Date: 07/25/2013
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company - 4 months ago
A coin toss determined whose name would go first when Chevron and Phillips Petroleum (now Phillips 66) formed 50-50 joint venture Chevron...