This position must be able to hook up and unload tankers in a timely fashion, run quality tests on milk, CIP tankers including hook ups as well as chemical tests. The process operator must be able to load out cream and perform all quality tests. The process operator must be able to wash silos, maintain records in accordance with USDA standards on all relevant process equipment. Other duties include completing master sanitation and CIP of all raw and cream silos.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unload tankers.
- Control heat treatment and milk separation area. CIP and production.
- Control blending and preparation of Lactose totes for production.
- Tankers must be unloaded safely and properly while achieving minimum established targets.
- CIP tankers and silos.
- Properly CIP silos and tankers maintaining time management of silos and all associated documentation.
- Load out cream. Load out cream while achieving all quality and customer requirements.
- Complete master sanitation.
- Completion of all master sanitation and maintaining a clean and professional environment.
- Control loss.
- Actively seek causes and solutions to limit product losses.
- Follow and promote all plant and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Ensure all GMP, HACCP, safety and all plant, documentation and regulatory policies and procedures are complied with in the receiving area.
- Inspection of Raw Materials.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year of manufacturing or production experience
- Must have good communication skills, both oral and written
- Must be able to use and understand calculations, production rates, and fluid inventories
- Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and writing, well enough to prepare and comprehend evaporator logs, master sanitation schedule, and fellow employees
- Must be able to perform routine machine adjustments
- Shows willingness and aptitude to use own discretion in taking appropriate steps in finding solutions to problems; presents options and ideas to enhance current processes or procedures. Takes on additional responsibility when both big and small tasks need to be done
- Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Dairy Farmers of America. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment
- Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others
- Open to changing situations and is willing to perform all tasks when and where assigned
- Able and willing to perform tasks and duties without constant supervision
- Maintain a positive “can do” outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintain composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations
Dairy Farmers of America - 5 months ago