DuPont is a global Fortune 100 company, operating in 70 countries today. We are looking for people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet our customer needs for a better, healthier, safer life.
DuPont's Washington Works Site currently has a need for skilled Process Operators. The Washington Works site is located on the banks of the Ohio River near Parkersburg WV, and employs about 1700 people. The site began manufacturing here in 1948. Washington Works is among the largest DuPont manufacturing facilities in the world with 7 different businesses located at the 700 acre site. They manufacture almost 700 million pounds of product used in various automotive, food industry, building/construction and household items.
The Process Operator monitors and operates low hazard equipment and facilities (i.e. polymer compounding, polymer finishing), including field equipment, ensuring quality and conformance with standard operating procedures. This position will rotate through various roles within the area to build and maintain a diverse skill set.
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Operating manual valves
- Performing minor maintenance activity
- Operating a central control room
- Performing analytical work in field labs
- Maintaining housekeeping
- Participating in improvement activities such as 5S or kaizen
All applicants must successfully complete onsite assessments to be considered for the role.
Relocation and or travel assistance for assessments is not offered for this opportunity.
DuPont offers an exciting place to work where thousands of innovations are introduced every year. You will have opportunities for growth through involvement in various dynamic industries from high-tech to high-performance; including agriculture, nutrition, electronics, communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation, and apparel.
At DuPont, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join DuPont and discover The miracles of science™.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer
DuPont is an E-Verify employer
Successful candidate will need to be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation
* To receive status updates regarding your application, ensure your email filter is set to accept messages from the sender containing “esp.dupont.com”
In order to be qualified for this role, the following is required:
The following additional skill sets are preferred by the site:
- High school diploma or GED
- 2-5 years prior industrial work experience
- Willing and able to work a 24/7 rotating shift schedule including holidays, weekends, and any required overtime
- Willing and able to frequently lift and move objects weighing up to 50lbs
- Willing and able to wear a respirator and other PPE
- Willing and able to climb multiple flights of stairs
- Include an updated resume detailing your experiences and qualifications
- Ability to navigate and utilize the tools within Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc) and a variety of
Production & Maintenance
- Previous chemical operator experience
- Experience with start up, shut down, and monitoring a variety of chemical production equipment
- Experience with extruder equipment and related systems to process raw materials
- Two year Process Technology Associates degree or Chemical Operator certificate
- Experience operating a fork truck
North America-USA-West Virginia-WASHINGTON WORKS PLANT DUPONT(2560)
PERFORMANCE POLYMERS - FA00900
DuPont - 12 months ago
E. I. du Pont de Nemours (also known simply as DuPont) wants to coat your car, feed your crops, and decrease your dependence on fossil...