This position requires accurate and accountable performance of all necessary duties to ensure safe and efficient operations in the fermentation and distillation areas of the facility. This position works under the immediate supervision of the Production Supervisor or designee.
· Learn all facets of the ethanol process including: cook, distillation, evaporation, dryers, thermo oxidizer, centrifuges, grain system, and water treatment.
· Learn and operate DCS (computer control system) for the plant.
· Follow Standard Operating Procedures for plant start-up, shut down, cleaning and batching.
· Stay within operating parameters set by Plant/Production Manager.
· Keep accurate and timely logs.
· Collect samples and do the necessary tests to ensure consistent and quality product and record results.
· Monitor and make adjustments on the (DCS) computer according to the results of the samples and to keep within parameters and record changes.
· Keep facility, control room, and break room clean including mopping and hosing down plant floors – tour ready conditions.
· Keep operators coming on shift briefed on what has happened and what is supposed to be done during the next shift.
· Work closely with maintenance and inform them of any mechanical problems.
· Communicate with the Laboratory and learn testing procedures including but not limited to yeast counts, microwave analyzer, HPLC, and the GC.
· Responsible for notifying Production/Plant Manager of any production problems.
· Complete any and all tasks assigned by the Plant Manager/Production Manager.
· Help out in other areas as needed.
· 12 hour rotating shift with 2 fixed days off during the week and every other weekend off.Be available occasionally for call in work and overtime.
· Participate in safety programs and ongoing training sessions.
· Required to follow all safety procedures.
· Learn and understand Process Flow Diagrams as well as Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams.Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Detail-oriented; proficiency for accuracy; dependable; positive attitude; team player.
· Ability to multi-task and take ownership of assigned projects.
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
· No experience necessary.
· Experience in industrial production plants helpful.
· Basic computer skills.
· Must be hard working and self-motivated
· Must be able to manage confined space entry, climb ladders and steps, lift up to 60 lbs, and work at heights.
· Requires a valid driver’s license.
· Be able to operate utility vehicle.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Green Plains Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job
Green Plains is a vertically-integrated ethanol producer based in Omaha, Nebraska. We currently have an ethanol production capacity of...