This position requires accurate and accountable performance of all necessary duties to ensure safe and efficient operations in the fermentation and distillation areas of the facility.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Learn all facets of the ethanol process including: cook, distillation, evaporation, dryers, thermo oxidizer, centrifuges, grain system, and water treatment.
- Learn and operate DCS (computer control system) for the plant.
- Required to work rotating shifts.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures for plant start-up, shut down, cleaning and batching.
- Stay within operating parameters set by Plant/Production Manager and notify management of any production problems.
- Keep accurate and timely logs.
- Collect samples and do the necessary tests to ensure consistent and quality product and record results.
- Monitor and make adjustments on the (DCS) computer according to the results of the samples and to keep within parameters and record changes.
- Keep facility, control room, and break room clean including mopping and hosing down plant floors – tour ready conditions.
- Keep operators, coming on shift, briefed on what has happened and what is supposed to be done during the next shift.
- Work closely with maintenance and inform them of any mechanical problems.
- Communicate with the Laboratory and learn testing procedures including but not limited to yeast counts, microwave analyzer, HPLC, and the GC.
- Complete any and all tasks assigned by the Plant Manager/Production Manager.
- Help out in other areas as needed.
- Participate in safety programs and ongoing training sessions.
- Required to follow all safety procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Be able to operate utility vehicle.
- Basic computer skills
- Must be hard working and self-motivated
- Must be able to manage confined space entry, climb ladders and steps, lift up to 60 lbs, and work at heights.
- Detail-oriented; proficiency for accuracy; dependable; positive attitude; team player.
- Ability to multi-task and take ownership of assigned projects.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- No experience necessary.
- Experience in industrial production plants helpful.
Green Plains Inc. - 19 months ago
Green Plains is a vertically-integrated ethanol producer based in Omaha, Nebraska. We currently have an ethanol production capacity of...