Green Plains Renewable Energy, Inc., an ethanol production company (stock symbol: GPRE), is currently seeking a Process Operator to work at our plant in Ord, Nebraska.
- Be able to learn all facets of ethanol process including; cook, distillation, evaporation, dryers, thermo oxidizer, centrifuges, grain system, and water treatment.
- Ability to learn and operate DCS (computer control system) for the plant.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures for plant start-up, shut down, cleaning, and batching.
- Stay within operating parameters set by Plant/Production Manager.
- Detail-oriented; proficiency for accuracy; dependable; positive attitude; team player.
- Collect samples and do the necessary tests to ensure consistent and quality product and record results.
- Monitor and make adjustments on the (DCS) computer according to the results of the samples and to keep within parameters and record changes.
- Keep facility, control room, and break room clean including mopping and hosing down plant floors so as to maintain tour ready conditions.
- Keep operators coming on shift briefed on what has happened and what is supposed to be done during the next shift.
- Work closely with maintenance and inform them of any mechanical problems.
- Communicate with the Laboratory and learn testing procedures including but not limited to yeast counts, microwave analyzer, HPLC, and the GC.
- Ability to multi-task and take ownership of assigned projects.
- Complete any and all tasks assigned by the Plant Manager/Production Manager.
- 12 hour shift work including a three day weekend every other week with overtime and call ins.
- Participate in safety programs and ongoing training sessions.
- Other duties as may be assigned to accomplish the safe and timely day-to-day operations of the plant.
- Must be hard working and self motivated..
- Ability to work well with others and ability to work independently with multi-tasking skills.
- Must be able to manage confined space entry, climb ladders and steps, lift up to 60 lbs and work at heights.
- Basic computer knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to operate utility vehicles.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must be able to work in and around conditions which may be dusty, contain high noise levels and regularly exposed to outside weather conditions year round and may be exposed to chemicals used in the process.
- Exemplify the high standards necessary to accomplish the goals of this company.
Green Plains Inc.
- 22 months ago - save job
Green Plains is a vertically-integrated ethanol producer based in Omaha, Nebraska. We currently have an ethanol production capacity of...