The Process Operator is responsible for monitoring, controlling and conducting activities that pertain to refinery unit operation and taking corrective action when necessary to ensure that all unit conditions and operations are in compliance with Hess safety, environmental and operating policies and procedures.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Actively complying with all operating policies and procedures.
- Monitoring and accurately recording temperatures, pressures and rates of flow.
- Understands the process flow and how temperatures, pressures and rates of flow affect the process.
- Ensure that operations are within safe operating and environmental permitting requirements.
- Take samples of intermediate and final products to ensure that the process meets quality control checks.
- Monitor unit to identify location and nature of malfunctions, such as leaks, breaks and faulty equipment.
- Ensuring that the work location is clean and free of hazards.
- Ensure proper turn-over by providing effective written and oral communications to the relieving shift.
- Determine malfunctioning units by observing control instruments, such as meters and gauges, or by automatic warning signals, such as lights and sounding of horns.
- Assist in troubleshooting potential issues and give assistance to others when unit problems occur.
- Communicate with engineers, mechanics and other team members to assist in identifying maintenance issues.
- Properly use personal computers for meeting daily performance expectations and accessing plant and unit information and procedures.
- Assume personal accountability for continuous development of operating knowledge and skills.
- Participate in training and respond to emergency situations as required.
- High School Diploma and Refinery plant experience highly preferred
- Basic mathematical ability, as well as the ability to perform maintenance work is necessary
- The ability to work in team-based environment, diplomacy, attention to detail, and good communications skills are required
- The ability to work in an outdoors environment, climb ladders and work at heights, as well as moderate lifting (up to 50 lbs)
- Shift work is required, as is membership in an a labor union
Americas-United States-NJ-Port Reading New Jersey
Hess is a values-driven company offering a world of challenging opportunities.
We support continuous learning and development.