Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem’s market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S. and No. 1, 2 or 3 in the world.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for knowledgeable and self-motivated individuals to fill the position of Process Operator at our manufacturing facility located in Niagara Falls, New York.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Read, understand and follow plant procedures
- Perform unit inspections and take log readings
- Perform process monitoring & sampling
- Monitor/adjust storage tank levels
- Understand and comply with DOT & Coast Guard regulations
- Load/unload tank trucks and railcars, operate locomotive & direct switching activities
- Interact with outside customers and agencies including government agencies and railroad personnel.
- Operate and adjust mechanical equipment. Prepare equipment for maintenance.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- High School Education or GED
- Number of years experience required: 0-3 years
- Applicants must possess a high safety and environmental awareness
- Be willing to work a rotating shift, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Have the ability to effectively communicate and interact with diverse groups.
- Be proficient in industrial math, reading comprehension, and mechanical reasoning.
- Have the ability to use appropriate information technologies.
- Demonstrate troubleshooting skills.
- Have the ability to continuously learn and adapt to change.
- Must successfully complete a training program including written and walk through demonstrations.
- Must have current NYS drivers license.
- Physical requirements – Must be able to lift 50 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking is required. Required to operate large valves, pumps and controllers.
Occidental Petroleum - 9 months ago
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company — one of the largest...