Perfetti Van Melle is a privately owned company, producing and distributing candies and chewing gums in more than 150 countries worldwide. Our 17,000+ employees have helped us to become the 6th largest confectionary company in the world marketing highly renowned brands like Mentos, Frisk, Chupa Chups, Fruitella, Alpenliebe, and Airheads.
Perfetti Van Melle has 35 operating companies in the United States, Canada, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia. Our North American headquarters is in Erlanger, KY.
Perfetti Van Melle is an equal opportunity employer offering excellent benefits, a casual work environment and flexible schedules.
For more information about our organization, please visit our website at www.perfettivanmelleusa.us
POSITION PURPOSE :
Responsible for operating mixing and extruding equipment according to procedures to maintain production levels. Ensures product quality and consistency in accordance with formulas, quality standards, GMP and FDA regulations. Troubleshoots equipment to ensure efficient flow of product.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE :
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Six months experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably food industry
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to calculate raw material usage to determine flavor change and shutdown schedules.
- Knowledge of GMP's, FDA, and OSHA regulations.
- Valid forklift license and hand jack license will be required.
- Ability to operate manual and electric pallet jacks.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem analysis skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, so employees must be able to wear hearing protection as required in designated areas.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to dusty conditions due to the handling of bulk products. The employee must be able to wear and use breathing protection devices as required while working in these conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must also occasionally push/pull 350 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
- Employee must be flexible in learning and working in other job functions to ensure a competent, trained workforce.
- Efficiently and safely operates and monitors all packaging equipment to maintain product flow.
- Responsible for removing bulk ingredient clogs and notifying supervisor and/or maintenance in a timely fashion to prevent downtime.
- Monitors and maintains raw materials used in production process. Completes shift paperwork in a timely manner.
- Responsible for setting up and putting away tooling for truck offloading of bulk raw materials.
- Responsible for making adjustments to product specifications (color, flavor, texture, etc.). Performs subjective sensory evaluation of the product.
- Works in a safe and responsible manner, exercising caution to avoid accidents, prevent injury to people or damage to the equipment.
- Maintains a clean, orderly work area. Ensures area cleaned and organized as part of the shift hand-off and weekly shutdown/sanitation process. Operates floor scrubber and other cleaning devices as required.
- Adheres to all safety and GMP policies and promotes safe work practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to calculate raw material usage in order to determine flavor changes and shutdown schedules.
Perfetti Van Melle, USA is a EOE, M/F/D/V and AAP Employer