Title: Process Planning and Risk Analyst
Department: Information Security
Location: Sunnyvale, CA or Pittsburgh, PA
Reports To: Sr Manager, Information Security
FLSA Status: Exempt
Ariba, an SAP Company makes business commerce as easy as consumer commerce.
Every day, we help our customer find opportunities to cut costs, reduce risk, and grow revenue through better collaboration with trading partners. We enable the collaboration through the Ariba Network – a cloud-based community where you will find buying, selling, and managing cash to be as easy as using Amazon, eBay, and PayPal. We also host other online communities where business commerce professionals network and share information and best practices, just like friends on Facebook.
- Work with some of the brightest engineers in the Bay Area
- Solve some of the world’s most challenging large-scale, cloud-based issues
- 20 PTO DAYS + Winter break between Christmas and New Year’s Day ~ Paid!
- 10 holidays
- Beer/wine bash every Friday
- Be a part of the networked economy innovator
As a Process Planning and Risk Analyst you will be responsible for aligning with the Ariba Products management team to enable the successful design, build, implementation, and management of processes as well as new services and solutions within the Global Services Organization (GSO), and identifying and quantifying associated risk, and identifying risk mitigation strategies. This position will provide focused leadership to a global team of Process Improvement Managers and provide support to all of the GSO Business Units including, but not limited to Sourcing Services, Enabling Services, Spend Visibility, and OND Deployment Services. This role is also responsible for ensuring the alignment of GSO efforts cross-functionally to support Ariba Operations-wide imperatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
Basic Minimum Qualifications
- Facilitate quarterly planning process to address new services, process improvements, training needs, and people development needs.
- Lead the new services definitions within GSO working closely with Solutions Marketing.
- Lead the continuous process improvement initiatives within GSO by collaborating with the Quality Manager leveraging the Voice-of-Customer (VOC) programs.
- Coordinate with the training team within GSO to leverage internal resources, as well as external vendors to support these initiatives.
- Ensure that GSO processes are efficient and well documented.
- Apply Lean and/or Six-Sigma to all GSO processes
- Review and analyze feedback from the Voice of the Customer (VOC) Program (project, end user, and relationship surveys), in collaboration with the Quality and Process Managers, with the purpose of defining the GSO wide continuous improvement opportunities programs
- Coordination with Solutions Management to develop the roadmap for solution innovation services methodologies
- Work closely with the GSO Training and Development Manager, Quality Manager, and Delivery Leadership to plan, execute and implement people and process programs.
- Work closely with delivery team leaders to ensure continual process improvements as well as compliance to processes.
- Provide training for new processes and/or system changes.
- Support the GSO scorecarding process through alignment with GSO Leadership, Finance & Operations Management.
- Drive and support GSO quarterly strategic planning.
- Participate and present at monthly GSO manager meetings.
- BA or BS degree required
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Have a proficient understanding of the various Ariba Solutions available to support both internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of project and process management best practices
- Working knowledge of process improvement methodologies such as Six-Sigma, Lean, etc.
- Strong knowledge of MS-Office tools including Visio.
- Knowledge of Ariba Spend Management Solutions (software & services).
- Understanding of enterprise wide ERP or other systems application implementation processes.
- Understanding the interrelationship of technology, processes and data.
- Understanding of Risk Frameworks, such as COSO.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new products/solutions where limited formal training exists
- Experience understanding a customer’s business environment and applying risk assessment methodologies to drive a successful program
- Experience creating a solution for a customer to include: scoping, planning and delivering growth strategies, business process analysis, reengineering and improvement initiatives
- Experience driving a change management program
- Proactively identifying issues and managing conflict
- Experience listening to and diagnosing issues
- Some previous management experience preferred
- Experience in preparing and presenting to upper management
- Experience in performing risk analysis for an organization, documenting, presenting and maintaining the risk assessment for a least one year.
- Familiarity with Risk Management Frameworks (e.g. RMF, MSC, etc.)
- Certifications re Risk Management
- Member of ISACA
- Familiarity with BISM
- Familiarity with COBIT
- Familiarity with WebTrust (Security, Confidentiality, Availability, Processing Integrity and Privacy)
- Familiarity with PCI DSS V2.0
- Familiarity with US Department of Commerce Safe Harbor Program
- Familiarity with GAPP
- Familiarity with EU Data Protection Directives
Ariba Inc. - 14 months ago