The Process Safety Technician is based in Kenedy, TX and reports to the Mid-Stream Supervisor. The primary responsibility of this position is to apply, modify, implement, organize and maintain Marathon Oil Company’s process safety standards, including adherence to the US EPA Risk Management Program for the Sugarloaf station and gathering system. This position works closely with field/mid-stream operators, the Health Environmental Safety & Security organization, technical Mid-stream resources, production operations, and assists the Mid-Stream Supervisor in driving PSM/RMP compliance. At least 25% of this positions time will be spent in the field.
Tasks assigned to this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Development and updates of operating procedures for mid-stream facility equipment and processes.
- Development and updates of maintenance procedures for mid-stream facility equipment and processes.
- Creation and maintenance of emergency response plans and procedures for mid-stream facilities.
- Participation in hazard evaluations, audits, investigations, and studies of Marathon operated Eagle Ford Asset mid-stream facilities
- Assist operations and maintenance personnel with mid-stream Management of Change Requests (MOC’s) and Pre-Startup Safety Reviews (PSSR’s).
- Ensure “as built” documentation (e.g. P&ID drawings, flow diagrams, cause and effect charts, etc) are updated to reflect current operations of the mid-stream facilities
- Assist Eagle Ford training personnel with employee and contractor training on applicable process safety & environmental requirements and processes
- Track and progress management of change as-needed for the above activities
Education: High school diploma or equivalent; Quick-learner with knowledge of Marathon’s (or equivalent) policies and procedures, especially with regard to environmental & safety and field operations.
Experience: Oil and gas field operations and/or RMP/PSM experience and knowledge is strongly preferred.
Communication: Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, teamwork, planning & organizational skills.
Computer: Proficiency with the Microsoft suite of products including: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint is required. CAD experience is preferred.
Travel: Travel is limited to the local field(s) with infrequent overnight travel.
Apply for this job:
- Apply for this job online
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
- Email this opportunity to a friend