Process Team Member
This individual works as a Process Team Member and operates coating, converting, & compounding equipment performing specific duties listed as follows: Responsible for set-up and operator level maintenance of assigned machines. This individual would have earned minimal skills on the Florist Ave Training matrix. Attention to detail is a must as this position is responsible for the accuracy of paperwork, labeling, packaging and material transactions. Must have a high understanding and be able to maintain dept. and division standards of production, both in quantity and quality. Operator must be able to read and comprehend work orders and production process documentation with the ability to record production data for entry in the SAP system. Safety minded individuals will be transporting materials between work centers and the warehouse, as well as general housekeeping of the department. Problem solving skills, as relates to daily changing manufacturing priorities, with a strong work ethic will be critical for success in this role.
In addition to the above standard summary, this individual must be able to perform the following duties:
- Read work orders to determine product and process related specifications.
- Inform QA, group leader, maintenance, and manager of any machine malfunctions on quality issues that will compromise machine through put and quality.
- Communicate late orders to Team Coordinator, Manager, and Customer Service.
- Performs roll changes using material handling equipment and web threading.
- Responsible for equipment clean up and changeover.
- Weighing, catalyzing and mixing coatings, assembly of pump and filtration systems.
- Utilize PC skills to enter operational data and records as well as have the ability to use a wireless hand-held scanner.
- Monitor product appearance and machine conditions and perform QA testing to maintain product quality.
- Starts machine and observes flow of material through machine to detect defects, grade material, or tag defective material.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of work area and follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or the equivalent is required.
- The most desirable candidate would have 1-2 years experience in roll forming/printing/web handling or a related field.
- Operator must be able to perform in-process inspection, requiring a good eye and attention to detail.
- Must be able to read and follow written work directions.
- Must obtain a license to drive lift trucks.
- Must be able to read a ruler.
- Must be able to lift steel shafts weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must have a good attendance record with a strong work ethic.
- Must be able and willing to work nights, weekends and overtime as needed.
Brady Corporation - 23 months ago
Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect premises, products and...