The Specialty Products business of Danaher is headquartered in Elizabethtown, NC (approximately 40 miles outside of Wilmington, NC). Specialty Products is a fully self-contained business unit with Product Development, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing, Human Resources, Finance and Customer Service resources functions. The business encompasses the following product lines concentrating initially upon the North American markets with plans to expand globally over time: www.joslynclark.com, including fire pump (diesel and electric fire pump controllers), Joslyn Clark Controls/JCC (vacuum contactors, starters and controllers), Namco, www.ncdjsolutions.com, (Solenoids, Limit Switches, Proximity, Flow and Capacitive Sensors), Veeder-Root/Dynapar, http://www.veeder-rootcounters.com; (Mechanical/Electromechanical Timers and Counters), Eagle Signal, www.eagle-signal.com; Superior Electric, www.superiorelectric.com, (Variable Transformers, Voltage Regulators, Connectors, and UPS Systems) Thomson, www.nyliner.com, (Nylon Bearings) and Partlow, www.partlow.com, (temperature monitors, controllers and recorders).
Process Tech Thomson (3rd shift) H09
Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering
If any conflicts arise, the Tech is to consult the Team Leader.
- Check current machine schedule and organize tasks for Setups, Material Handler, and Machine Operators. This includes all manual jobs.
Item Schedules are made available if the Team Leader is not present.
This may also include material change.
- Assist with Setup (being defined as hanging a Tool in a press and changing material) and Process out new jobs as dictated by the machine schedule.
The previous run is to be cleared of all paperwork and materials at and around the Molding Machine.
- Coordinate the Job Pack on all new jobs.
This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Measure parts per the Control Plan before turning in for First Piece.
- Assist Operators during production runs by Adhering to Red bin/Blue Bin procedures (JI50004C).
- Assist when Machine alarms and other production issues.
- Perform tasks as assigned by the Value Stream Leader, Cell Leader, or Process Engineer.
Run Manual Jobs, Sort parts, perform Operator duties, deliver parts to cells or
shipping, or any other duty of a Material Handler or Operator.
- Perform 5S daily by cleaning machines thoroughly after every changeover, maintaining the cleanliness of the area Toolboxes, removing any unnecessary materials and sweeping/mopping.
Minimum Education Requirement:
High school diploma or equivalent
2-5 years process technician experience or equivalent combined education and experience
Minimum Physical Requirements:
Capable of handling 50-200 lbs. valve bodies with the assistance of hand trucks, lifts, conveyors and hoists.
Ability to stand for long periods up to eight hours or more at a time.
Recognized as one of Fortune Magazine’s Most Admired Companies (and #1 in its category, Precision Equipment), The Danaher Corporation is a $12+ billion publicly-traded company, NYSE: DHR, (www.danaher.com) that designs, manufactures, and markets industrial and consumer products. The company focuses on the advantages of strong brand names, proprietary technology, and leading market positions.
Danaher has grown faster than their competitors and they plan to keep exceeding industry growth rates through share gains, aggressive new product development, international expansion, and acquisitions. Danaher obtains competitive advantage through excellence across multiple disciplines including; general management, manufacturing, marketing, engineering, finance, human resources and business development.
Manufacturing / Operations
North America-United States-NC-Elizabethtown
Danaher - 21 months ago