Responsible for the aseptic processing of cortical and cancellous bone into various milled, mixed, and treated products. Majority of work entails batch production involving accurately measuring and mixing solutions and timed chemical processes. Sterilizes and maintains all clean room processing areas and equipment. Reconciles and tests tissue and performs final product inspection and labeling.
1.Aseptically process tissue while maintaining sterility of the clean rooms.
2.Able to operate bone mills and basic laboratory equipment (mixers, sieves, sealers). 3.Responsible for all quality checks on processed tissue and paperwork prior to release. 4.Check sterility of self, tissue and environment on a daily basis.
5.Clean and re-sanitize work area and all equipment and supplies.
6.Perform all post-process functions including reconciliation, testing, inspecting and labeling.
7.Educate other employees about clean room operations.
8.Document all processing activities completely and accurately.
9.Work with potential biological hazardous material
10.Performs additional duties as assigned.
Minimum two years experience in one of the following areas:
- Tissue banking, surgical technician or nurse.
- Production experience in a sterile environment in the pharmaceutical or medical fields
- Position requiring use of hand tools or procedures involving hand-eye coordination
2. High school degree. College coursework in life sciences helpful.
3. Knowledge of CGMP’s or QSR’s.
4. Must be able to maintain a working knowledge of the Standard Operating Procedures.
5. Able to lift 50 pounds
6. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and work for up to four hours without a rest break. Only one lunch break allowed per day.
Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation - 19 months ago