TITLE: Process Technician, Plastics
JOB SUMMARY: This position has the responsibility of maintaining and improving injection molding & secondary processes that allow us to meet or exceed production efficiencies while providing our customer base with quality parts and assure all safety and housekeeping procedures are followed.
- Full Knowledge of plastic injection molding industry
- Process and trouble shoot injection molding machines and auxiliary equipment, start up/shut down equipment
- Process improvement, find ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency
- Knowledge of resin process temperatures and drying temperatures
- Trouble shoot machinery in order to produce high quality parts to meet specifications
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding company standards for efficiency and utilization.
- Verify process parameters and implement changes as appropriate to improve cycle times.
- Work with Shift Supervisor and Quality Department on approval of start-up parts
- Monitor process and work station information as presented in mold setup sheets and insure accuracy and conformance to company standards.
- Aid in fixtures, conveyer systems, robotics as necessary to meet or improve standards
- Work in conjunction with the Quality department to improve process control.
- Trouble-shoot processing problems including normal adjustments and checks.
- Ensure injection molding machines, and supporting automated systems, are set to parameters contained within process books.
- Assure scrap issues are addressed and fixed in a timely manner.
- Assure housekeeping standards are met.
- Create and maintain an environment for a safe and healthy workforce.
o Able to apply force
o Able to climb up and down machine, multiple times a day
o Able to climb up ladder, multiple times a day
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Paid vacation & Holidays
Medical, Dental, Life