Supports the production goals of the Genomics Platform in the high throughput Samples Laboratory. Operates automated machinery, performs manual stool dissections and maintains database of sample receipt and shipment schedule. Follows established procedures to perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting techniques. Tracks data for quality control and registers results in computer database.
• Performs manual stool dissections and aliquot preparation according to established protocols and procedures.
• Records results in spreadsheets and computer databases; monitors established quality control metrics.
• Follows established protocols and procedures to perform routine maintenance and to troubleshoot equipment.
• Gathers all experimental team data and reports such data to Supervisors on a regular and timely basis.
• Collaborates with Supervisor to investigate alternative technical solutions to problems.
• Other related tasks as required.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Experience handling human biological samples, performing dissections preferred.
• Required computer skills: Microsoft Office (especially Excel), email.
• Experience interacting with computer databases preferred.
• Must have strong attention to detail.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong organizational skills required.
The Broad Institute will not offer visa sponsorship for this position.