The AN Unit P-Tech has the overall responsibility for the training program implementation in the AN units as well as assisting in operations during periods of high work load. The role requires a fully qualified person who is knowledgeable in the Acrylonitrile manufacturing process at Chocolate Bayou.
This position requires 5 years of manufacturing experience and at least a working knowledge of Maintenance, Operations, and Health & Safety Requirements. A candidate for this position must be able to effectively manage performance, champion change, influence and guide, be a company advocate, and make sound decisions in the absence of clear direction or written guidelines. Incumbents are expected to demonstrate a working proficiency level for the critical competencies identified for this position, which are: Leadership – driving improvement in others, driving and managing teamwork and communication effectiveness. Core – problem solving and decision making and operational awareness.
This is a strategic role with leadership responsibility. The individual in this position will need to be an excellent team builder and a strong communicator who is willing to take charge and lead trainees through the qualification process in the timeframe set by todays’ standards. This position requires the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. A strong analytical mind, attention to detail, and ability to work in a collaborative team culture is highly desirable.
Includes but not limited to:
Core Competencies and Behaviors
- Assisting in the development and execution of plant BOOT Camp activities
- Ensuring that the trainee is thoroughly oriented to training.
- Assessing and Updating Unit Orientation film and materials
- Maintaining and updating unit operations training material
- Developing classroom training classes for each area of the unit
- Conducting classroom training
- Evaluating the effectiveness of training materials used in on-the-job training.
- Checking test results, tracking training progress on the Site Training Network
- Insuring the upkeep on documentation of compliance training (including conducting and documenting Safety Meetings for Day personnel)
- Ensuring trainee records are accurately maintained
- Assisting the Shift Lead in resolving resource and scheduling problems affecting training.
- Identifying roles and responsibilities of the processor assigned as mentor.
- Receiving and providing informal feedback
- Discussing and determining with the Shift Lead additional practice time if required
- Communicating KPI’s for Unit Compliance training to Unit and Plant management
- Completing monthly KPI for plant report
- Maintaining and updating assigned unit procedures (ie: SP055, SP039, etc…)
- Evaluating MOC’s for changes to the training materials
- Executing plant training as required through plant KMS system PSSR’s and MOC’s
- Participating in Unit JSA’s, HAZOP’s, PHA’s and PSSR’s
- Assisting the on-shift personnel during periods of high work load (upsets, startups, shutdowns, turnarounds, and occasional operating positions left vacant due to high absenteeism)
- Assisting specialist and shift leads during heavy workloads such as shutdowns, startups, etc.
- Participating and assisting in coordination of Plant Internal Audits
- Coordinate Unit Monthly Safety Meetings
- Act as a backup for the Unit Utility Processor
- Assist in Special projects supporting the Chocolate Bayou site. (ie: Intelatrack)
- Gets Results: Consistently meets commitments to the business and to others. Quickly translate business requirements into actions by defining "who does what by when" to ensure plans are executed.
- Teamwork and Leadership: Effective collaboration. A confident, mature person with the ability to connect, inspire and influence others without direct reporting relationships. Persistent, confident, and persuasive.
- Communication: Effective communicator to all levels in the organization.
Results oriented and customer focused .
Decision Making: Willing to seek input for key decisions along with the ability to prioritize and make decisions.
Detailed Orientation: Has exceptional attention to detail along with the ability to develop procedures and standard methods.
Leadership: Strong leader who is aggressive, persistent, and self-confident and is willing and able to insert themselves into conversations without being invited formally.
Multitasking Ability : Adaptable, flexible, and effective in handling multiple priorities simultaneously.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in the AN process.
Ascend Performance Materials LLC. - 7 months ago