POSITION : Process Technician
REPORTS TO : ADP Group Coordinator
LOCATION : Ann Arbor Area
Amcor is the world's largest publicly traded packaging company; a market and innovation leader adding value to the world’s most recognizable brands.
- Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), our fiscal year 2012 revenues match companies in the top half of the U.S. Fortune 500.
- We are a global leader in rigid plastic packaging, the #1 supplier of flexibles in the Global Healthcare, European Food and Asia Pacific Markets, and the #1 supplier of metal and glass packaging in Australia.
- We operate in over 40 countries and employ 33,000+ associates.
- With corporate offices in Australia, the United States, Europe, and Asia we offer a world of opportunities to motivated individuals interested in broadening their horizons.
- Visit www.Amcor.com to learn more.
Responsible for developing and executing best processes for blow molding, injection, extrusion (EBM) platforms and container packing in support of development activities for multiple products. Assist the Manchester R&D team, the Corporate Quality team, Commercial teams and all production facilities in the development of containers that meet or exceed both customer and company requirements.
- Follows all established safety rules and guidelines as outlined in the Employee Handbook, and, in accordance with the various safety-related programs. Understands and communicates all hazards and safety issues to co-workers and managers/supervisors. Properly uses all personal protective equipment.
- Knows and practices safe and proper procedures specifically related to the operation of blow molding, injection, EBM platforms and container packing.
- Optimizes the use of equipment platforms to ensure continued production of the best possible container samples.
- Verifies and documents container quality through defined inspection and testing protocols.
- Documents all process, tooling, and machine parameters relevant to the production of container samples.
- Clearly identifies and communicates limitations or issues that may impair or prevent the production of container samples.
- Pursues training related to machine platforms, systems, processes, and materials.
- Understands and maintains housekeeping of all assigned areas.
- Assists in continuous improvement of plant operations.
- Assists with writing policies and procedures.
- Meets timelines and delivers on aggressive schedule and work assignments.
- Understands and adheres to standards associated with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), American Institute of Bakers (AIB) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) programs.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the ADP Group Coordinator.
- Checks and verifies mechanical condition of relevant equipment.
- Converts machine from one process type to another.
- Installs standard change parts.
- Reviews performance requirements.
- Adjusts process parameters to achieve required performance.
- Operate machines under supervision.
- Organizes work in best sequence.
- Interacts with internal customers regarding container performance and objectives.
- Follows standardized practices and procedures and carries out instructions in an existing work routine.
- Consults supervisor on scheduling platforms, go-ahead decisions, direction on preventative maintenance, and purchasing decisions.
- Knows job function and works to gain both internal and external knowledge of business.
- Thinks within procedures and specific precedents rather than specific instructions.
- Requires safety consciousness, accuracy, integrity, interpersonal understanding, teamwork and cooperation, achievement orientation, listening, understanding, and responding.
Education and Experience
- Requires a minimum 2 years of experience in a development or manufacturing facility, plus, technical discipline certification or equivalent.
- Fundamental knowledge of properties, processing and performance of polymers, blends and additives, as related to blow molding, injection, EBM platforms and container packing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Direct experience working in/with advanced development, innovation, or R&D teams preferred.
The position is located in Amcor's Manchester office, just outside Ann Arbor, Michigan; ranked one of the “Top 100 Best Places to Live” in 2011 by Money Magazine. In addition to being the home of the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor offers a vibrant night life, summer activities for all ages, and top ranked schools.
- # 1 Best College Sports Town, 2010 – Forbes
- #2 “10 Great Cities for Raising Families” – Kiplinger
- #2 “The 10 Most Educated U.S. Cities” – U.S. News and World Reports
- #8 on the Best Places for New College Grads, 2012 – the Atlantic
Amcor Limited? Hardly. The package maker offers a near unlimited range of boxes, cartons, cans, flexible and film packaging, PET...