POSITION: Process Technician
REPORTS TO: Shift Supervisor
GRADE: Machine Operator II
SHIFT: N i ght Shift 8:00 PM - 8:00 AM
Controls the process of injection molding, blow molding, and/or lining operations by managing process control procedures, training operators, and team building. Responsible to ensure the product meets specification prior to beginning of production.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Validates the process of injection molding, blow molding, and /or lining operations.
- Develops written procedures and process books to ensure goods are produced to specifications.
- Troubleshoots and corrects advanced machine malfunctions and quality issues.
- Install /remove injection molding tooling as directed by Supervisor
- Performs light machine and mold maintenance in his /her respected area
- Performs line clearance duties during job change.
- Trains operators on proper machine operations.
- In absence of supervisor may be required to fill in as acting supervisor
- In absence of operator may be required to cover the position
- Manages materials and auxiliary equipment essential for area of responsibility
- Works, develops, and implements continuous improvement methodology.
- Effectively communicates with all internal departments and external customers.
- Ensures work areas are clean and general housekeeping duties are being performed
Education & Experience Required
- High school diploma or equivalent, one to two years related experience and/or training
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to differentiate colors and good peripheral vision.
Job is performed near moving mechanical parts and occasionally in high, precarious places. Safety glasses and bump caps are required to be worn. The noise level is loud, requiring hearing protection to be worn. GMP procedures are observed in all areas of the plant.
Amcor - 18 months ago
Amcor Limited? Hardly. The package maker offers a near unlimited range of boxes, cartons, cans, flexible and film packaging, PET...