Supports the production goals of the Genomics Platform in the high throughput Samples Laboratory. Operates automated machinery, organizes and archives DNA and RNA samples, and performs manual stool dissections. Follows established procedures to perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting techniques. Tracks data for quality control and registers results in computer database.
• Operates automated RTS and tube picking/sorting machinery according to established protocols and procedures.
• Organizes and archives DNA and RNA samples according to established protocols and procedures.
• Performs manual stool dissections according to established protocols and procedures.
• Records results in spreadsheets and computer databases; monitors established quality control metrics.
• Follows established protocols and procedures to perform routine maintenance and to troubleshoot equipment.
• Gathers all experimental team data and reports such data to Supervisors on a regular and timely basis.
• Collaborates with Supervisor to investigate alternative technical solutions to problems.
• Other related tasks as required.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience handling human biological samples, performing dissections preferred.
Required computer skills: Microsoft Office (especially Excel), email.
Experience interacting with computer databases preferred.
Must have strong attention to detail.
Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong organizational skills required.
Broad will not offer visa sponsorship for this position.
Broad Institute - 14 months ago