HELP US MAKE THE LIGHTBULB OBSOLETE!!!
Are you someone who thrives on coming up with dynamic solutions that help a company grow? Do you want to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the lighting industry? Would you like to help enable a green technology that could help solve some of the world’s energy problems? If so, Cree could be the place for you. We are a fast-growing semiconductor company that is leading the LED lighting revolution and setting the stage to obsolete the incandescent light bulb through the use of energy-efficient, environmentally friendly LED lighting.
We are headquartered in Raleigh/Durham, NC; an area consistently ranked in the Top 10 Places to Live by Money Magazine and is also home to the Research Triangle Park (RTP). Raleigh was also included in Kiplinger’s Top 10 Best Cities for 2009. The RTP area was recently voted the #1 high-tech region in the country by the Silicon Valley Leadership Group and was also recognized as the #1 Best City for Jobs by Forbes magazine. RTP is home to a broad spectrum of companies -- from Fortune 100 multinational research and development operations, to university spin-outs and start-up operations. Cree’s facilities in the area are home to approximately 1600 full-time employees devoted to R&D, manufacturing, sales & marketing and other professional support roles.
Cree boasts a casual work environment, where jeans and shorts are a typical sight every day, not just on Friday. We also have an onsite fitness facility; complete with indoor track, basketball court, 3 racquet ball courts, aerobics room, free weights, machine weights and cardio machines. This facility is 100% free to our employees and their spouses, and is open Monday through Saturday. Our benefits include a quarterly bonus program, stock options, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, tuition reimbursement, and medical/vision/dental coverage.
We currently have an opening for a Process Technician within our Lighting R&D group. This position will be stationed at our headquarters facility in Raleigh/Durham, NC.
Cree is looking for a self-motivated, hands-on technician to become a member of the R & D team responsible for the development, design, and fabrication of LED Components.
- Support daily operations in the LED Packaging Lab.
- Support packaging activities such as die attach, wire bond and encapsulation.
- Support characterization/measurement activities for packaged LEDs and materials.
- Help to maintain process and measurement equipment by performing daily, weekly and monthly checks. Assist with initial troubleshooting of process equipment.
- Summarize and communicate findings accurately. Document work using existing application and worksheets.
- AA or equivalent experience in a technical field
- 0-5 years of package product/process development or materials development preferred. Where applicable, recent graduates encouraged to apply.
- Strong mechanical and electronic aptitude/troubleshooting ability.
- Must be able to handle materials used in LEDs including silicones, epoxies and phosphor.
- Must have excellent manual dexterity to work with small parts under a microscope.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to follow verbal and written work instructions. Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have a positive, ‘whatever it takes’ attitude and have demonstrated a high level of dependability.
- Flexible work schedule and the ability to work overtime on short notice required.
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- BS in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with physical sciences laboratory equipment and techniques.
- Experience with databases and data analysis tools (Access, SAS JMP, Excel, etc.).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of and revel of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
CREE - 10 months ago
Cree has its name in lights. Its blue, green, and near-ultraviolet light-emitting diodes (LEDs) -- made from silicon carbide (SiC) and...