Cree is looking for a self-motivated, hands-on technician to become a member of the R & D team responsible for the development, design, and fabrication of LED solutions for customers.
- Support daily operations in the LED Lab.
- Support packaging activities such as die attach, wire bonding and encapsulation.
- Support characterization/measurement activities for packaged LEDs and materials
- Help to maintain process and measurement equipment by performing daily, weekly and monthly checks. Assist with initial troubleshooting of process equipment.
- Complete tasks and find new ones in a timely fashion
- Summarize and communicate findings accurately. Document work using existing application and worksheets.
- AA or BS in a technical field or equivalent experience
- 0-5 years of package product/process development or materials development preferred. Where applicable, recent graduates encouraged to apply.
- Able to handle materials used in LEDs including silicones, epoxies and phosphor
- Excellent manual dexterity to work with small parts under a microscope
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to follow verbal and written work instructions. Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- A positive, ‘whatever it takes’ attitude and have demonstrated a high level of dependability.
- Flexible work schedule and the ability to work overtime on short notice required.
- Able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with physical sciences laboratory equipment and techniques.
- Experience with databases and data analysis tools (Access, SAS JMP, Excel, etc.).
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude/troubleshooting ability.
CREE - 18 months ago
Cree has its name in lights. Its blue, green, and near-ultraviolet light-emitting diodes (LEDs) -- made from silicon carbide (SiC) and...