We are seeking qualified candidates for full-time Multi-Duty Operator position(s) at our Industrial Oil & Lubricants Plant located on the southeast side of Chicago, Illinois.
Technicians will be required to work on a rotating shift basis.The plant is also set up with tanks and equipment outside, so this position will spend time in all different types of weather. Because of the potential exposure to chemicals, PPE will be required including respirators, chemical resistant clothing, eye protection including goggles and safety glasses.
- Simultaneously operating three batch chemical reactors, a bulk powder pneumatic conveying system, vacuum systems, filtration systems, a continuous distillation process, a thermal oxidizer, boiler, will oversee the loading and unloading of railcars and bulk trucks, as well as running quality and analytical testing on in-process and finished product in the Laboratory.
- Perform laboratory analysis including GC, GPC and various physical property testing
- Safely handle (loading and unloading of bulk trucks, totes and drums) hazardous chemicals including methanol, flouroboric acid, and organic acids
- Follow safe operating procedures and review and offer updates as necessary
- Monitor all critical operating parameters and make adjustments to the process as necessary
- The Process Technician will work closely with the Area Supervisor and will run analytical tests on in-process and finished product in the Laboratory.
One of the Following:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a chemical processing environment
- Experience in a batch chemical operation
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Be detail minded with the ability to work independently and with others.
- Able to work overtime, including weekends and holidays as required.
- Analytical Skills
- Familiarity with computers and process control systems
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders multiple times per shift
- Manual dexterity to work with laboratory equipment
- Able to lift approximately 50 lbs on a daily basis and occasionally up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to safely lift and carry 50 lb bags or hoses
- Ability to maneuver 600 lb drums with the assistance of a drum handler
- Chemical Process degree through a vocational or technical school
- Completion of a Technical Certificate program
- Associate's Degree from an accredited university or equivalent progress toward a higher degree
- Completion of military training in a technical role
- Or equivalent industrial work experience (minimum 3-5 years) in chemical processing with proven understanding of unit operations
Successful candidates will be required to pass a background check and a physical, which includes a drug and alcohol screen.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers,...