Scope of Responsibility:
The Process Technician role is located in the Morristown, NJ facility. Work environment and expectations/responsibilities are as follows
· Make product that conforms to release specifications.
· Run product only with approved and current SOPs/Batch Cards.
· Have a working knowledge of each product’s specifications.
· Target the midpoint of specifications.
· Investigate discrepancies in production records.
· Understand and adhere to SOPs covering production records and how it impacts product traceability in the marketplace.
· Ensure raw material lot numbers and identification numbers are recorded on production records.
Consumer & Trade Complaints
· Assist in technical investigations of consumer complaints when necessary.
· Understand impact of product quality on consumer and trade complaints.
· Maintain production areas in a state of cleanliness that controls and minimizes the potential for microbial and particulate contamination in finished products.
· Use validated and documented change over, cleaning and sanitization procedures.
· For micro sensitive product, ensure specified finished product samples are taken for testing as per established SOP.
Corrective & Preventive Action
· Fully understand and adhere to deviation and failure investigation SOPs.
· Assist in deviation and failure investigations where necessary.
· Assist in the determination and documentation of causes of non-conformances.
· Apply corrective and preventive actions assigned to the manufacturing area in accordance with failure investigation results.
- Understands the hazards associated with the job.
- Responsible for following safe work practices and other equipment requirements while performing job duties.
- Wears proper safety protection (safety glasses, safety shoes, ear protection…)
- Consistently works in accordance to minimum safe behaviors.
- Watches out for unsafe practices and demonstrates leadership in resolving issues.
- Must be able to comply with all Respirator standards according to 29 CFR 1910.134 and Standard Operating Procedure EOHS-011
Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP):
- Wears appropriate clothing as required in a regulated environment.
- Follows all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) within area.
- Maintains and keeps work area neat and tidy.
- Willing to take on additional responsibilities as requested.
- Respects and values peers.
- Works to resolve conflict among peers and between shifts in a positive manner.
- Displays self control.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Make minor mechanical adjustments
- Measure ingredient amounts for product
- Mix ingredients in accordance with batch card procedures
- Ph ,Viscosity and Solid testing when working on Softsoap skids.
- Samples product and delivers to the lab for testing as SOP dictates.
- Make color and fragrance phase in accordance with schedule
- Track case count to ensure that excess product is not made
- Create tickets using Sample Program to order materials (i.e. perfumes, dyes etc.)
- Ensure that production schedules are met by keeping vanilla base tanks full
- Semi-continuous batching (i.e. color, fragrance, citric acid, Brine) manually added
- Manage multiple systems during shift.
- Support multiple manufacturing lines
- Minimize finishing downtime.
- Performs basic sanitization functions when necessary.
- Maintain documentation of all batch records using SAP and logbooks
- Performs additional responsibilities as needed
- Works overtime as required and switches shifts as needed
- Heavy lifting – lift 50 pound bags or containers, push/pull up to 1,000 lbs.
- Lock and tag out/Calibration.
- Operate power assisted lift equipment (walk-behind forklifts, drum handling equipment)
- Every day and in good faith, operates in a way that makes the business more productive and effective.
- Must have acceptable work performance & no current disciplinary action on file
- Computer literate, specifically WMS and SAP.
- GMP knowledgeable.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, as well as strong analytical and decision making skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Two years prior work experience in a production setting
Colgate Palmolive - 9 months ago
Colgate-Palmolive takes a bite out of grime. The company is a top global maker and marketer of toothpaste and soap and cleaning products....