The Process Technician is primarily accountable for providing process design and modifications to existing plant manufacturing lines. The Process Technician generates and implements ideas and solutions to ensure reliability, improve quality, reduce manufacturing cost, and comply with environmental and safety requirements. They are also responsible for following our company's Good Manufacturing Practices.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards and with applicable laws and regulations issued by regulatory agencies.
- Operate production equipment, including labelers, trimmers, stretch wrappers, grinders and other related machines.
- Incorporate a common process methodology in all re-engineering processes.
- Optimize process through planned experimentation.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Provide upgrades to process controls.
- Ensure compliance to quality standards.
- Train machine operators and maintenance employees in efficient way to operate equipment and machines.
- Consult regarding business process engineering, process measurements, change management, education and training.
- May direct the management of outsourced projects.
- Assist in the implementation of cross functional best practices.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical control circuits.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
The requirements listed below are minimum requirements for the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the Company.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- A minimum of 5 years’ manufacturing processing experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the Company. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts in a production environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Temperatures inside the plant can fluctuate between hot and cold according to seasonal changes. Personal protective equipment (PPE) is required in the production department and other designated areas.
Our Competitive and Comprehensive Benefits include:
Come join our growing family today and apply with us!
- Choice of Medical Plans-choose the coverage that is right for you and your family
- Dental Plan-provides Orthodontic coverage to dependent children
- Voluntary Vision Program-allows the purchase of glasses and contacts every year rather than every two years like most plans!
- Employee Assistance Program-5 free counseling visits; Financial & Legal Assistance
- Education Reimbursement-up to $5,250 annually!
- 401k Savings Plan with a company match
In the world of rigid plastic containers, the really innovative and experienced consumer-focused design firms know the fine balance required...