- Batch Processing
- Prepare batches in accordance to blend sheet.
- Familiar and identify with raw materials.
- Perform quality control checks on materials prior to shipping.
- Working knowledge of equipment used in processing.
- Package in proper container and label container per the batch sheet.
- Shipping and Receiving of bulk material
- Must have working knowledge of bulk tankers, valves, vents, etc.
- Inspect tank before loading when applicable
- Responsible for loading correct product and pounds required.
- Responsible for quality control checks on material inbound and outbound.
- Verify all shipping documents required per Bill of Lading, Material Safety Data Sheets (M.S.D.S), Certificate of Analysis (C of A) and UL Certificates, etc.
- Inventory Control
- Assist in ensuring chemicals are stored and handled per supplier specifications
- Assist in weekly counts of finished product and measurement of bulk raw material for inventory control and correct any discrepancies when applicable.
- Shipping and receiving of packaged goods
- To coordinate with Traffic Control and setup loading and unloading schedules.
- Ensure proper loading per axle in proper size in accordance with size of trailer.
- Receives packaged raw materials ensuring that the required specifications are met.
- Applies all required identification required by company procedures.
- Receives non-inventory packages and products for the Houston facility and distributes to correct personnel.
- Palletize according to customer work orders and secure freight for product protection and DOT requirements.
- Daily forklift inspections and schedule repairs.
- Cross train efficiently and effectively with co-workers and serve as a back-up when ever the need arises.
- Support management and work efficiently in every aspect of the job.
- Comply with company procedure by wearing the proper personal protective equipment required for the various tasks.
- Maintain housekeeping in all areas of the plant.
- Identify any hazards and participate in EHS (Environmental Health and Safety) programs such as SOAR cards, reporting incidents and near misses.
**Really looking for candidates with experience in: Tank Truck loading and unloading, Batch Processing, Material Handling, & Drumming, or possess previous experience in Chemical Manufacturing and are available to work any shift.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or 2 or more years experience in process operations.
- Demonstrated ability to solve basic mathematical problems, reading comprehension, mechanical and basic chemical aptitude.
- Highly motivated, willing to learn and adapt to change.
- Strong communication and listening skills and willingness to actively participate as a team member.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Forklift experience
- Willingness to comply with all safety and environmental standards.
- Drug free with the ability to climb, to work at heights, and to work within confined spaces.
- Willingness to work weekends, and overtime as required.
- Occasionally lift and/or move >75 lbs.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
**This is a long term assignment. Candidate MUST be willing to work morning shift (7-4:30 pm) as well as the night shift (as needed) 1PM-10PM.