The Dow Chemical Company has Process Technician job openings in Plaquemine, Louisiana. The purpose of the job is to shadow Operating Technicians while working an assigned shift to learn and experience assigned equipment or areas of the plant and perform operations-related activities as described and directed by a shift-assigned Operator Technician team. As a intern, you will learn and gain experience in how to operate the plant in a safe and optimal manner utilizing Dow's global competencies and process technology manufacturing knowledge
These jobs operate assigned equipment or areas of the plant and perform operations related activities per the work process, utilize chemical manufacturing knowledge and experience to operate and troubleshoot the plant in a safe and efficient manner, work in a team environment where individuals often set priorities and complete work activities with minimal supervision. Successful candidates must be able to work 12 hour, rotating shifts.
- Follow Operating Discipline principles, procedures and practices to ensure safe and efficient operation of assigned plant areas
- Operate and field check process equipment
- Monitor process conditions, equipment and control systems
- Perform tasks assigned to operations as per a standard task list including field checks, equipment preparation, samples, etc.
- Ensure operational activities and process performance are aligned with plant and business goals
- Use troubleshooting skills to resolve process related deviations and problems • Initiate and participate in Root Cause Investigations as required
- Coach and train others on plant operations
- Perform crisis response activities
- Use process knowledge and skill to make improvements in plant performance and Operating Discipline
- Use measurements and tools in the Plant to run at optimum conditions
- Perform process equipment troubleshooting, minor repairs, improvements and preventative maintenance, utilizing appropriate processes and disciplines
- Manager multiple and complex plant computer control systems
A Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required. An Associate of Applied Science in Process Technology degree (PTEC) or relevant work experience is preferred but not required.
Must Have Success Factors:
Other Requirements Are:
- Demonstrate competencies in the areas of: leadership, initiative, teamwork and interpersonal effectiveness
- Ensure a safe work environment by working safely and, complying with environmental, health and safety standards
- Have a strong work ethic and be able to remain productive in an empowered team environment
- Have good technical skills in order to learn how to operate both manual and highly automated equipment
- Ability to understand, analyze and resolve technical problems
- Perform preventive maintenance and be able to make preliminary diagnosis, i.e. issues with pumps, motors, etc.
- Desire to learn and grow technical skills to keep current with new automation and technology
- Ability to give and receive positive and constructive feedback in a respectful and professional manner
- Must be able to work 12 hour, rotating shifts
Only U.S. citizens, U.S. Permanent Residents, or aliens who are authorized to work in the United States will be considered for employment with Dow.
- Pass pre-employment testing, drug screening and background check
- Work at heights, in confined spaces and climb ladders
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Successfully complete required training
- Work in a smoke-free and drug-free work environment
- Work in a self-directed team environment
- Effectively communicate, resolve issues then move forward as a team to meet business and customer needs
- Demonstrate sound business judgment and set high standards of personal excellence including safe work behaviors, coaching, mentoring others, etc.
- Anticipate changes that will be required to complete projects
- Independently motivated to produce results
- Maintain productivity at all times
- Understand customer and business priorities to be able to translate these priorities and evaluate personal and team work activities to eliminate those activities that are non-value added
Please review our test taking tool kit online. SELECT: Careers At Dow Frequently Asked Questions (left side of page)
Could you tell me more information about the Technician testing within the United States?
HIRING PROCESS INFORMATION FYI -
Dow's hiring process includes several steps and communications. You will receive the following:
1. E-mail confirmation that your application has been submitted.
2. E-mail requesting candidates to submit voluntary demographic information (will receive this only if it was not provided as part of initial on-line application).
3. If selected to move to the next step, an E-mail with invitation to sign up for a test session.
4. Once signed up for testing, an E-mail confirming your test date and time.
5. E-mail informing you of the results of your test session.
6. If you meet Dow's minimum test requirements, your profile will be further considered and you will be contacted by telephone or e-mail regarding next steps.
Thank you for your interest in employment with The Dow Chemical Company.
A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis (U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, or Qualifying Asylee/Refugee).
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance and shares company, business or functional success
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities in a rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work on global teams with colleagues around the world and in different locations
The Dow Chemical Company - 17 months ago
Dow combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving...