Live Events manufacturing engineering organization within Daktronics provides leadership and project management skills to successfully implement lean concepts. The Tactical Process Technician will report directly to the Live Events Manufacturing Engineering Lead and have a primary focus of production support. This individual will work in support of Manufacturing Engineer(s) assigned in this area. This includes review of engineering prints, adherence to process standards, providing necessary documentation, populating routings, recommending improvements. Overflow support will be required for other process technician position as time allows and need arises. Will also be expected to engage in continuous improvement activities within the factory.
1. First response to Engineering issues:
1.1 BOM and/or drawing questions
1.2 Work instruction clarification
1.3 Assembly issues
1.4 Production tooling/equipment issues
2. Production quality issues (out of control processes).
2.1 Non-conformance resolution
2.2 Use metrology equipment to perform part inspections.
3. Execution of engineering change orders (tooling, work instruction, programming, gauging changes, etc…)
4. Routings/standard costs (current product)
5. Perform other validation tests specified by design or manufacturing engineering.
6. Assist in document maintenance (work instructions, standard work, control plans, etc…)
7. Assist in time studies.
8. Assist in design, build, and implementation of work stations, fixtures, tools, and jigs.
9. Communicate improvement ideas for strategic consideration
10. Provide mentoring for student personnel.
11. Ability to interact with a variety of engineering, manufacturing and customer service employees in a positive, professional manner.
12. Work effectively as a team member, work with little supervision, help when and where need, make suggestions for process improvements, communicate effectively with team members, and follow company guidelines and policies.
13. Consistently complete quality work in a timely manner. Inspect own work, quickly learn new tasks. Accurately and consistently complete repetitive tasks.
14. Regularly and reliably work scheduled hours, flexibility to work overtime as business need dictates.
15. Perform other duties as needed.
1. AS in Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Industrial Engineering Technology, Robotics or Electronics Engineering Technology, Drafting, or equivalent required.
2. AutoCAD & Pro E training or ability to learn.
3. Familiarity with Microsoft office products: Excel, Word, Access, Visio, PowerPoint, InfoPath, SharePoint, and
4. Physical requirements include the ability to:
4.1. lift and carry up to 45 pounds
4.2. distinguish and identify wire colors;
4.3. ability to work with odors (structural adhesive/silicon).
4.4. ability to stand for the entirety of the shift
5. Become knowledgeable of company policies and procedures.
6. Become proficient in reading and understanding engineering design drawings.
7. Effectively exercise discretion and independent judgment.
8. Strong verbal and written communication skills to include phone skills. Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
9. Background check will be conducted.
10. We do not sponsor immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics - 23 months ago
Daktronics, Inc. is a supplier of electronic scoreboards, large electronic display systems and related marketing services, digital messaging...